3.50 Beta Licensing Issue

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
cskidmore

3.50 Beta Licensing Issue

Post by cskidmore » Tue 21 Feb 2006 19:35

I seem to be having issues getting the 3.50 Beta to run. After uninstalling my previous 3.2 licensed version and installing the 3.50 Beta I am getting the message in VS2005 that the license has expired. I've followed the instructions in the docs a number of times as well as uninstalled and then reinstalled the product. Any support getting this running would be appreciated.

thanks,
chad

Post by Guest » Tue 21 Feb 2006 22:14

me too, i went through this same deal in the last release.

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 22 Feb 2006 12:46

Uninstall MySQLDirect .NET, remove registry key "HKLM\Software\CoreLab\MySqlDirect", then reinstall registered version of MySQLDirect .NET.

Check if you can use MySQLDirect .NET with newly created project: use WinForms designer to create a connection and automatically add required embedded resource.

cskidmore

Post by cskidmore » Wed 22 Feb 2006 14:56

Ok, tried this process twice this morning and I am still getting the license expired message. The second time I did the uninstall I then removed the registry entry, deleted all of the files under My Programs, checked again to make sure the registry entry was gone, rebooted, and reinstalled.

chad

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 22 Feb 2006 15:07

Make sure you're installing registered version of MySQLDirect .NET 3.50 Beta.

cskidmore

Post by cskidmore » Wed 22 Feb 2006 15:20

Where might I find a registered version? None of the links in the e-mail announcing the Beta worked and when I went to the link provided in my original purchase e-mail I did not see a beta version listed for download. So, the version I pulled was from the main download link on the website.

chad

Devart
Site Admin

Post by Devart » Wed 22 Feb 2006 17:42

Registered version of MySQLDirect .NET 3.50 Beta ia available for users of MySQLDirect .NET 3.xx only.
Please contact our sales team by email.

cskidmore

Post by cskidmore » Wed 22 Feb 2006 18:01

And I am a registered user of MySQLDirect .Net version 3.20.9 Pro. When I logged into the download site for that version yesterday the beta was not listed as a downloadable option. I see now that this morning it is visible there so I will try it.

Doesn't change the fact that the Beta is listed on the public download site and that would lead a person to beleive that it is actually useable.

chad

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 23 Feb 2006 13:26

Beta version available at public download page is a fully functional trial installation package. Registered users should not install trial versions, this will cause licensing errors.