dotconnect MySQL Professional + Entity Framework + LINQ terrible performance issues

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
szaheer

dotconnect MySQL Professional + Entity Framework + LINQ terrible performance issues

Post by szaheer » Mon 13 Oct 2014 15:07

I am using "Devart dotconnect MySQL Professional (8.1.45.0)" as a Connector with LINQ to entities, and I frequently get terrible query performance issues because the entity framework generates queries that use derived tables.
It does work well with "MS-SQL Server 2008 R2" + Entity Framework + LINQ combination.
It started happening when the Project's Database was migrated from "MS-SQL Server 2008 R2" to "MySql Server 5.6".

With the combination of:
"MySql Server 5.6" + Entity Framework + LINQ
the performance of Queries has gone terribly down & some queries do get timed out frequently.
I have tried the above combination with Entity Framework 4.0, 5.0 & 6.0 but nothing seem to fix it.

Please suggest where I am wrong or any solution to get it fixed.

Thanks,
Zaheer

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: dotconnect MySQL Professional + Entity Framework + LINQ terrible performance issues

Post by Shalex » Tue 14 Oct 2014 12:10

1. Please analyze your current approach. Turn on the dbMonitor tool (download link, documentation) and check the generated queries which take much time to execute. Pay attention to the datatypes of parameters, indices in target tables, etc. Try to localize the reason of the performance issue in your scenario.

2. Have you tried to employ pre-generated views for increasing performance?