Downloaded demo and missing license

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Jay

Downloaded demo and missing license

Post by Jay » Tue 14 Feb 2006 15:05

I downloaded the MySQLDirect.Net software. When I try and run the samples I get an error about a missing license. I was under the impression that the software comes with a 30 day trial license.

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 14 Feb 2006 15:11

MySQLDirect .NET requires special embedded resource being present in your application. This resource can be added automatically when you drop MySqlConnection component to the WinForms designer, or created manually. For more information refer to 'Licensing' article in MySQLDirect .NET documentation. Please read it carefully.
Inform us if you cannot read documentation.
If instructions provided there do not help you please specify your .NET Framework version, MySQLDirect .NET version and type of project you create.

Please inform us if you solved the problem.

melborp

Post by melborp » Thu 16 Feb 2006 17:57

Well im trying out the mysqldirect with SQL Server Integration Services. There is no reference adding like that.

What to do ? i have added the licenses.licx

It doesnt recognise :(

Serious

Post by Serious » Fri 17 Feb 2006 06:29

Please specify what kind of project you create.

melborp

Post by melborp » Sat 18 Feb 2006 11:54

It was Integration Services Project.

The project, which is used for data transfer from one database to another, also for data manipulation ... etc.

I have case, where i need to transfer from mysql database into mssql and i tryed using your provider ( but the license problem is unsolved :( ).

Paul

Post by Paul » Mon 20 Feb 2006 08:03

What project type do you use in Visual Studio for your application?
License information must be included to the main exe file. What is the exe file for your application?

melborp

Post by melborp » Wed 22 Feb 2006 21:07

it is Integration Services Project.

There is no .exe . The result is a DTS packadge ( basicly), which uses drivers fro connection to different databases. One of the drivers im trying to use is your companys, but to use your solution, the "application" requires to have license fail, im unable to do so.
There is no way to compile it into .exe or to add the file, so that it would be taken part as the compilation ( embed resource).

It is a new type of project, grown out of SQL 2000 DTS services.

It comes with SQL Server 2005.