MySqlSyncDescriptionBuilder method GetDescriptionForTable cannot find table that exists

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
rroyce

MySqlSyncDescriptionBuilder method GetDescriptionForTable cannot find table that exists

Post by rroyce » Fri 18 Jul 2014 12:31

I have a MySQL database that runs on CentOS 6.4 and the database and table names are "Case Sensitive". I have a database called "DASHBOARD_PROD" and when I specify the database in the connectstring as "DASHBOARD_PROD" and I use the method:

Code: Select all

MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection("server=server1;User id=userid;
                                            Password=password;Database=[b]DASHBOARD_PROD[/b]");

MySqlSyncDescriptionBuilder.GetDescriptionForTable("NB_ADDITIONAL_NOTES" conn); 

to get the description for table "DASHBOARD_PROD.NB_ADDITIONAL_NOTES", the method throws an exception that states the table does not exist." I turned on the MySQL database traces and found out that the method above uses the MySQL commands:

SHOW KEYS FROM NB_ADDITIONAL_NOTES FROM dashboard_prod WHERE Column_name LIKE '%'
SHOW COLUMNS FROM NB_ADDITIONAL_NOTES FROM dashboard_prod LIKE '%'

As you can see, the database name was converted to lowercase in the SHOW command and since the database names are case sensitive, it does not find the table. This prevents me from provisioning scopes in my database.

Is there any way to prevent that method from converting the database name from the connectstring to lowercase?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: MySqlSyncDescriptionBuilder method GetDescriptionForTable cannot find table that exists

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 24 Jul 2014 12:16

We have reproduced the issue. We will investigate it and post here about the results as soon as possible.

rroyce

Re: MySqlSyncDescriptionBuilder method GetDescriptionForTable cannot find table that exists

Post by rroyce » Wed 20 Aug 2014 18:15

Will this fix be available soon to the general public? We are in desperate need of this fix.

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Post by Pinturiccio » Thu 21 Aug 2014 14:35

We have fixed the bug with changing the database name case to lower when executing the MySqlSyncDescriptionBuilder.GetDescriptionForTable method. The fix is available in the latest public build of dotConnect for MySQL 8.3.225. The fix was added in the last moment before releasing the build, and it wasn't added to the build announce. We will add it into the announce of the next build, however it is already available since the build 8.3.225.

dotConnect for MySQL 8.3.225 can be downloaded from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/univer ... nload.html (trial version) or from Registered Users' Area (for users with valid subscription only).