Autochanges to Database Name Property

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
hammo

Autochanges to Database Name Property

Post by hammo » Fri 10 Feb 2006 08:24

G'day Guys,

Sorry if this is a Noob Question, I'll shoot anyway....

I'm trying to use MySQLDirect for the first time and can successfully connect to a database with a name such as 'my_Database'

The problem arrises when I try to connect to a database with a name that includes an underscore followed by a lower case character. eg. 'my_database'. The database name property of the connection is automatically chaned to an uppercase character after the underscore. ie. 'my_Database' and as this is the incorrect database name, I can't connect !

I tested this on a database with an underscore and then a Uppercase letter and I can connect fine, if I try to connect to a database with an underscore followed by a lowercase letter, MySQLDirect seems to change the database name automatically to an uppercase after the underscore.

Am I doing something really dumb ??

Serious

Post by Serious » Fri 10 Feb 2006 08:58

We improved connection pooling in MySQLDirect .NET.
Don't use database names that differ only in case, or do not use pooling until we release next build.

hammo

Thanks for the reply...

Post by hammo » Fri 10 Feb 2006 09:16

Unfortunately the database is already in existence so changing it's name would throw a heap of web sites that access it into a real pile of trouble. So that's not an option...

What do you mean by 'do not use pooling' ?

I haven't come across that before

hammo

Solved, thank you

Post by hammo » Fri 10 Feb 2006 09:19

I played with it again and found the 'spooling' property. Which I set to false and that seems to have fixed it.

Thanks for the quick response, I don't know what it means, but hey ?? It worked right ??

Cheers,

Hammo