DevArt.Data.Mysql breaking future connections

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
BrianDonahue

DevArt.Data.Mysql breaking future connections

Post by BrianDonahue » Thu 27 Feb 2014 08:35

Hi,
I have a user of one of our tools who claims that after he uses our tool to compare two MySQL databases using SSH, subsequent connections to the same server using SSH "don't work". I'm the support person caught between this user and a development team that has disbanded, so I don't know anything about how this component works. Is this a problem that's been reported before? Here is the original forum post:
http://www.red-gate.com/MessageBoard/vi ... hp?t=19848

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: DevArt.Data.Mysql breaking future connections

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 28 Feb 2014 14:13

If we understood you correctly, you want to connect to the MySQL server, installed on your computer, via the SSH server, that is installed on other computer.

When you specify host=127.0.0.1, after connecting to the SSH server it looks for the MySQL server from its own location, i.e. 127.0.0.1 for the SSH server means the computer, where the SSH server is installed. You need to specify the real IP address of your computer, in order for SSH server to connect to it.

BrianDonahue

Re: DevArt.Data.Mysql breaking future connections

Post by BrianDonahue » Fri 07 Mar 2014 10:03

Thanks for your reply.
I have not heard back from the user who originally reported the problem so I assume it's okay.