Deploying using DotConnect

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
NakeDiesel

Deploying using DotConnect

Post by NakeDiesel » Wed 26 Feb 2014 21:32

Created a project that pulls data from a remote SQL Server and writes it to stage tables on the mysql box using the DevArt MySQL Destination and then for each table an execute sql task is called using an ADO.NET connection with the dotconnect driver for MySQL. This works fine in debug mode, but once I deploy it to the catelog and schedule it to run via the sql agent scheduler, I get the following error message: Failed to acquire connection "HUBS_STG" (ado.net connection).

We just purchased this driver for us and is version 8.2.80.0

Any ideas what is going on?

I have the agent set to run the job in 32 bit mode.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Deploying using DotConnect

Post by Shalex » Tue 04 Mar 2014 15:32

NakeDiesel wrote:This works fine in debug mode, but once I deploy it to the catelog and schedule it to run via the sql agent scheduler, I get the following error message: Failed to acquire connection "HUBS_STG" (ado.net connection).
You are using SQL Server Agent job, aren't you? If yes:
1) is dotConnect for MySQL with ["Full"] or ["Runtime assemblies" + "SSIS"] installation type installed on the workstation where you are running the package?
2) make sure that your SQL Server Agent has permissions to run the package
3) right click on your package in the Jobs node > View History, select the error record and send us the full text of the error message