Just Installed - Can't Get Past This Error:

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
lty83

Just Installed - Can't Get Past This Error:

Post by lty83 » Mon 16 Dec 2013 17:28

The 'Instance' member of the Entity Framework provider type 'Devart.Data.MySql.Entity.MySqlEntityProviderServices, Devart.Data.MySql.Entity, Version=8.2.55.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701' did not return an object that inherits from 'System.Data.Entity.Core.Common.DbProviderServices'. Entity Framework providers must inherit from this class and the 'Instance' member must return the singleton instance of the provider. This may be because the provider does not support Entity Framework 6 or later

Verified the following:

1. Using the Devart.Data.MySql.Entity for EF6

Have the following in my web.config:

Code: Select all

<providers>
      <provider invariantName="Devart.Data.MySql" type="Devart.Data.MySql.Entity.MySqlEntityProviderServices, Devart.Data.MySql.Entity, Version=8.2.55.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09AF7300EEC23701" />
    </providers>

Code: Select all

<system.data>
    <DbProviderFactories>
      <remove invariant="Devart.Data.MySql" />
      <add name="dotConnect for MySQL" invariant="Devart.Data.MySql" description="Devart dotConnect for MySQL" type="Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlProviderFactory, Devart.Data.MySql, Version=8.2.55.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701" />
    </DbProviderFactories>
  </system.data>

Not sure how to get around this error.

lty83

Re: Just Installed - Can't Get Past This Error:

Post by lty83 » Mon 16 Dec 2013 21:36

disregard the above - i got it fixed, I had a whole ton of misc errors.