VS 2005 Install Q

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
jimatjude

VS 2005 Install Q

Post by jimatjude » Sat 28 Jan 2006 19:12

Just installed the trial download. I have the help files and the "menu" bar across the top of the screen with the other icon tool bars. However, in my side ToolBox I have no section for MySql and I was under the impression that such was loaded as a part of the product. Is there something I did wrong in loading the product?

jimatjude

Follow-up information

Post by jimatjude » Sun 29 Jan 2006 03:41

When I go to install MySqlDirect in VS2005, there are two dll files -
CoreLabs.DBTools.Data.MySql.dll and CoreLabs.DBTools.MySql.dll
The first one loads components into the application. When I browse to the second one and attempt to load it into the toolbox, I receive an error message, fairly long, which states "There was an error loading types from assembly 'c:\ {full path actually given} \CoreLabs.DBTools.MySql.dll'
'Could not load file or assembly 'CoreLabs.DBTools.Controls, Version 1.1.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken={number given}' or one of its dependencies. The system could not find the specified file.
It appears the download was corrupt.

Should I re-download? Should I delete the install and then reinstall?
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

Serious

Post by Serious » Mon 30 Jan 2006 08:35

At first, check if "MySQLDirect .NET" tab appears when you invoke "Show All" command in the toolbox context menu.
If it did not, use CoreLab.MySql.dll assembly when browsing for components. This is the correct way of using MySQLDirect .NET data provider.
CoreLab.DbTools.* assemblies are the part of design-time support and according to license agreement you are not allowed to distribute them. You can distribute only runtime assemblies (CoreLab.MySql.dll and CoreLab.MySql.Matrix.dll).