Can I use the DevartMysql connection for SSIS execute sql tasks?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
gwgeller

Can I use the DevartMysql connection for SSIS execute sql tasks?

Post by gwgeller » Wed 04 Dec 2013 20:26

I have been having a tough time getting good performance importing data to mysql using SSIS. I came upon the Devart dotConnect for Mysql yesterday and am encouraged by it's combination of simplicity and performance. However I'd like some clarification on connections.

From what I can tell you cannot use the .NET dotConnect connection type with the Devart MySql Destination/Source components. They appear to use connection type DevartMySql. What I am experiencing is I need the dotConnect connection for Execute Sql Tasks and then the DevartMySql connections to do the data imports. So two connections to the same Mysql database. If I use other databases in the same job the connections start to add up.

The dotConnect driver does not appear to outperform the mysql ODBC connector/driver. So I need to use the DevartMySql driver/connection. Is there a way to use the DevartMysSql connection with other SSIS components like Execute Sql Tasks?

Pinturiccio
Devart Team

Re: Can I use the DevartMysql connection for SSIS execute sql tasks?

Post by Pinturiccio » Fri 06 Dec 2013 13:28

dotConnect for MySQL includes two SSIS components: Devart MySql Source and Devart MySql Destination. These component use their own Connection Manager - DevartMySql. DevartMySql type was created in order to allow using special features of dotConnect for MySQL in Devart MySql Source and Devart MySql Destination, because ADO.NET Connection Manager can use only the general features present in all ADO.NET providers.
gwgeller wrote:Is there a way to use the DevartMysSql connection with other SSIS components like Execute Sql Tasks?
Unfortunately it's not possible. DevartMySql type was created specifically for our components, other components doesn't know about it.