Huge Memory Leak Issue with 3.20.7.0 MySqlDirect.NET

Huge Memory Leak Issue with 3.20.7.0 MySqlDirect.NET

Postby samsd » Mon 16 Jan 2006 17:38

I am using “CoreLab.MySql.dll” for .net framework v1.0 (licensed version) in my application. While using, I encountered with some serious memory related issues.

Here is the issue,

I am creating objects of CoreLab to connect MySQL DB in many places via Multithreading, what I wonder is even after disposing CoreLab objects, Its still alive on Gen 2 heap. Because of this reason my application is garbing a huge amount of physical memory (ie, object is not reallocating or disposing).

I can see the memory allocation of the adpater object using CLRProfiler (Allocation graph for objects). If needed, i can send you the graph. Please give the email address for the same.

Can you please help me?

With Regards
Saam S D
samsd

Re: Huge Memory Leak Issue with 3.20.7.0 MySqlDirect.NET

Postby vinupk » Tue 17 Jan 2006 07:21

Hi,

I am also facing memory related issue with the same version of Corelab connection object.

I am calling "OpenConnection" about 107 times through my app. I can see around 70% of total memory is allocated to "Corelab.Cryptography.q"

Do any buddies face issue like this? Please tell me what I should do to avoid this memory leakage.

Any reply is appreciable.

Regards,
Vinu.P.K
vinupk

Postby Serious » Tue 17 Jan 2006 09:41

We are investigating this problem right now. We think we will be able to include fix in the next build. We cannot specify date of the build.
Serious

Return to dotConnect for MySQL