Problem installing MySql Mobile

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
LateralLeap

Problem installing MySql Mobile

Post by LateralLeap » Mon 16 Jan 2006 09:44

I have run into problems installing latest version of mySql Mobile edition with production version of VS 2005.

After installation, when you run VS it complains that there was an error adding components to toolbox and to do it manually but they are not even in the list of components in the customise dialog.

I have tried re-installing and also deleting the FirstLoad registry entry that force VS to add components to the toolbox

I have emailed technical support about this last Friday but I have received no answer (after the one suggesting the re-installation)

Serious

Post by Serious » Mon 16 Jan 2006 13:01

In the "Toolbox" window context menu execute "Show All" command. Make sure there is no MySQLDirect .NET components (even disabled). If components are present remove them from toolbox. Restart Visual Studio and add components manually. Use "Browse" button to open File dialog and locate assembly with components.

LateralLeap

Ongoing problem

Post by LateralLeap » Mon 16 Jan 2006 23:16

THis does not work

When I browse the the mobile installation directory, there are two DLLs there:
CoreLab.CF.MySql.Addin.dll
CoreLab.MySql.dll

Picking the first one gives and error message

Picking the second one highlights the existing CoreLab components in the dialog list but does not add any new ones. THese appear to be the ones for the .Net framework

Indeed if I load a .Net application I get the ones you would expect (given that I have the Pro product installed as well) but if I load a mobile application, there is not component group for the mobile components

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 17 Jan 2006 07:51

Uninstall all editions of MySQLDirect .NET (Pro and Mobile). Remove all CoreLab.* assemblies from your system. Start Visual Studio and make sure there is no MySQLDirect .NET components in the toolbox and in the "Customize toolbox" components list.
Install MySQLDirect .NET Mobile, check if components appear in the Toolbox, then install MySQLDirect .NET Pro.