Devart.Data.Linq.DebuggerVisualizer Exception

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
idem84

Devart.Data.Linq.DebuggerVisualizer Exception

Post by idem84 » Sat 27 Apr 2013 19:54

I can't view DebuggerVisualizer, sample code crash when i like to view debug visualizer
Sample code
var mhb = new MultiGpsHistorySourceContext.MultiGpsHistorySourceDataContext();
var r = mhb.Gpsrawdatas.Where(x => x.GpsLocalDate == DateTime.Today).Take(5);
The code execute ok but when i like to view visualizer the exception throws
Any suggestions?
Im using pro edition of dotConnect for MySQL 7.6.226

==========================================================
************** Exception Text **************
Microsoft.VisualStudio.DebuggerVisualizers.DebugViewerShim.RemoteObjectSourceException: No se puede convertir un objeto de tipo 'Devart.Data.Linq.DebuggerVisualizer.a' al tipo 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DebuggerVisualizers.VisualizerObjectSource'. ---> System.InvalidCastException: No se puede convertir un objeto de tipo 'Devart.Data.Linq.DebuggerVisualizer.a' al tipo 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.DebuggerVisualizers.VisualizerObjectSource'.
en Microsoft.VisualStudio.DebuggerVisualizers.DebugViewerShim.DebugeeHost.CreateSourceInternal(String assemblyNameOrLoc, Byte[] assemblyBytes, String className, Boolean isLoc)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DebuggerVisualizers.DebugViewerShim.PrivateCallback.MaybeDeserializeAndThrowException(Byte[] data)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.DebuggerVisualizers.DebugViewerShim.ManagedShim.DelegatedHost.CreateViewer(IntPtr hwnd,

MariiaI
Devart Team

Re: Devart.Data.Linq.DebuggerVisualizer Exception

Post by MariiaI » Mon 29 Apr 2013 10:09

Thank you for the report. We have reproduced this issue in Visual Studio 2012 (JIC: it works in Visual Studio 2010). We will investigate this issue and inform you about the results as soon as possible.

Also, please pay attention to our LINQ Insight product, which allows executing LINQ queries at design-time directly from Visual Studio without starting a debug session.

idem84

Post by idem84 » Mon 29 Apr 2013 17:01

I test Linq Insight but when i run linq query in design time throws an exception

Im using visual studio 2012 as admin and connection string exists in app.config, the code run ok (dotConect MySql (LinqConnect Model)), but at design time linq insight throws an exception

The type initializer for 'MultiGps.HistoryBackup.Program' threw an exception.
System.TypeInitializationException
at Query.GetQuery(Object[] args)
at #=qwjqI9ZRxAaChJqRBsUOl05s6v7MkyzlMVaohrPJxwnNFWnWup8tisUSZMF7_3lzu9j8rDD2znYXk60dZzr7JiQ==.#=qfL3kxENTZHIBIT0O0raxaVP1TpukjTeZR0MFaKB1t_g=.#=qZrGI4dLQ0h2wKz5w0yTZZg==()
at #=qwjqI9ZRxAaChJqRBsUOl05s6v7MkyzlMVaohrPJxwnNFWnWup8tisUSZMF7_3lzu9j8rDD2znYXk60dZzr7JiQ==.#=qiqhxVa2Iy_ZqVlxwQtMgs6kzp0lKCbiJcK3PUGXEBNs=.#=qkQORaalrMTc6ri4V31JRj5o6AMjSYkeBBvSphOfRiBOroYZ3BxCmKLQSr17034hg()

Connection string "MultigpshistoryDataContextConnectionString" could not be found in the configuration file.
System.InvalidOperationException

idem84

Post by idem84 » Mon 29 Apr 2013 20:32

The last issues only happens under windows 7
(DotConnect Mysql Debugger Visualizer and Linq Insight Exceptions)

Under Windows 8 are both OK

Both (Win7 and Win8) have installed VS 2012 and the same project test (in netfx4)

I hope helps!

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Tue 30 Apr 2013 09:49

We couldn't reproduce this issue with the latest version of LINQ Insight 2.0.22.
Please specify the version of LINQ Insight you are using.
JIC: the bug related to the "Could not find the connection string '...' in the configuration file" exception has been fixed in LINQ Insight 1.0.19.

idem84

Post by idem84 » Tue 30 Apr 2013 12:21

Im using Linq Insight 2.0.22, the exception throws only in Win7
In Win8 works ok

MariiaI
Devart Team

Post by MariiaI » Tue 07 May 2013 08:06

Sorry for the delay. We couldn't reproduce this issue on Windows 7.
Please send us a small test project, so that we are able to reproduce it.