Still license problems with dyn. loaded assembly which references mysql provider.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
FransBouma

Still license problems with dyn. loaded assembly which references mysql provider.

Post by FransBouma » Sun 25 Dec 2005 19:06

I still have problems with the license checks.
The .exe has a licenses.licx file. I add to that:
CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection, CoreLab.MySql

(or the full qualification, doesn't matter).
Compile.
The .exe references an assembly, ApplicationCore, which loads database drivers on demand, via this code

Code: Select all

public static IDBDriver CreateDBDriverInstance(string assemblyFilename, string namespaceToUse, string className)
{
	// load the assembly
	Assembly databaseDriver = Assembly.LoadFrom(assemblyFilename);

string completeClassPath = className;
	if(namespaceToUse.Length > 0)
	{
		// there is a namespace specified, add it
		completeClassPath = namespaceToUse + "." + className;
	}

// create the instance
	IDBDriver toReturn = (IDBDriver)databaseDriver.CreateInstance(completeClassPath);

// return the instance
	return toReturn;
}
One of the drivers, is teh MySql driver, which is an assembly in dll form. Even if I build that assembly directly against 3.20.7 in .NET 2.0 and add a licenses.licx file and add the corelab reference, it doesn't matter. I get the license isn't valid error every time I open a connection.

If I add a licenses.licx file to application core, it doesn't matter as well.

This is a serious problem, which now stops our product on .NET 2.0 and mysql and it's been enough.

Furthermore, if I keep my driver code build against 2.80.7 / .NET 1.1, and run it on .NET 2.0 with the .exe on .NET 2.0 and Corelab 3.20.7 installed, I get the error:
Could not load type 'CoreLab.Common.DbConnection' from assembly 'CoreLab.MySql, Version=3.20.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701'.
Which is very weird, as apparently there's no assembly redirection taking place.

Please help. If we don't reach a solution soon, MySql will be discontinued from LLBLGen Pro as we can't invest this amount of time in supporting a single database, while we can't do a thing about the issues we run into :(

Oleg
Devart Team

Post by Oleg » Mon 26 Dec 2005 10:38

We have tested the situation described. Please contact our support team by e-mail and we will send you a test that works for MySQLDirect .NET 3.20.7.

FransBouma

Post by FransBouma » Mon 26 Dec 2005 10:44

Oleg wrote:We have tested the situation described. Please contact our support team by e-mail and we will send you a test that works for MySQLDirect .NET 3.20.7.
I have emailed mysqlnet AT crlab.com and dmitry yesterday, so the email should be there.

What's weird is that if I check in the .exe the .licenses file, the CoreLab line isn't there. Perhaps this is optimized away by the compiler because the .exe isn't directly referencing the mysql dll...