Licensing problems on Mono / Linux

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
cjendro

Licensing problems on Mono / Linux

Post by cjendro » Sun 25 Dec 2005 14:36

On Linux / Mono i always get

License expired or not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support.

windows with the same executable works fine

cjendro

Post by cjendro » Tue 27 Dec 2005 14:49

What about this?

There i a post in your forum, 3 Month ago, the corelab team says:

>> We tested MySQLDirect .NET with MONO 1.1.8.3 on Windows and Linux, and our provider works fine.
>> We constantly test MySQLDirect .NET on newest MONO releases. If you encounter difficulties when
>> using MySQLDirect .NET on MONO, the problem is most likely in your system configuration.
>> To solve possible problems refer to corresponding documentation.

Now i bought a professional license to use with linux/mono and it dont works at all.

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Tue 27 Dec 2005 15:19

We are working on this issue now. We plan to support licensing for Mono on Linux platform in the next build. It will be available as soon as we fix and test all licencing issues. Please watch for
announcements on the forum.

cjendro

Post by cjendro » Tue 27 Dec 2005 16:08

ok, thank you.

is there any more concrete info about licensing than the few lines in the help file?

- in witch assembly must the license reside the executable or any dll in the project?

- where do you search for a valid license when MySqlConnection.Open is Called?

- what is when multiple assemblys are loaded with different licenses for different components, it looks like looks in the wron license resource in some cases

- is there an other way to license your MySqlDriver than addin a resource to the project?

SecureGen
Devart Team

Post by SecureGen » Thu 29 Dec 2005 10:00

We have already extended our documentation about licensing under .NET framework. Since the licensing on Mono platform is not yet fully implemented, we will add new information to the documentation after we fully support Mono.

canoecafe

Post by canoecafe » Tue 10 Jan 2006 20:47

Hello

Has this release been done? or when is the next release happending so I can plan when I can release my application onto mono?

Thanks

Ollie Castle

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 11 Jan 2006 09:32

Our work on licensing in Mono is in progress. Date of build that supports Mono depends on this work. We plan to release it the nearest future (during 2 weeks approximately).