Visual studio std install errors

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
classicmydac

Visual studio std install errors

Post by classicmydac » Sat 24 Dec 2005 01:44

Got the following erros when trying to run the samples

One or more errors encountered while loading the designer. The errors are listed below. Some errors can be fixed by rebuilding your project, while others may require code changes.

Could not find type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

Could not find type 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlCommand'. Please make sure that the assembly that contains this type is referenced. If this type is a part of your development project, make sure that the project has been successfully built.

Serious

Post by Serious » Mon 26 Dec 2005 08:20

Assembly reference in your project is incorrect.
To fix it remove reference to CoreLab.MySql.dll from the project and add new one to \CoreLab.MySql.dll.

classicmydac

Mysql install experience

Post by classicmydac » Tue 27 Dec 2005 12:18

As a newcomer to Visual studio from borland delphi I would like to share my experience on installing with you.

The visual studio 2005 std installed fine.

The Pocket PC 2005 SDK caused all sorts of problems untill I unistalled Norton antivirus. Although the install says disable anti virus I got a script error at the end of the install and the install hung.

Once install I got the PocketPC 2005 emulators etc. On trying to compile an app on a PPC2005(Jasjar) device I got various errors saying Visual studio could not install NETCF2. Not enough memory etc. I tried the netcf2 install from microsoft's site and this gave not enough memory errors.

I had the following memory available once I had un-installed most programs

Storage 12.30 MB Free
Program 9.14 MB free

To re-install netcf2 I needed 5476.

I eventually took out of the startup of the device the CE Antivirus and the problem went away. (Although MS download will still not install Netcf2 on the device)

I then installed the Msql mobile and the samples worked fine.

Why this happens I can only guess but my thoughts are MS will be introducing there own Anti virus products and are making other products difficult to install or work with.

Hope this may help anyone with a similar problem.

Cheers

SteveW