Licence Issue with MS Analysis Services (2005 version)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
StuartLeitch

Licence Issue with MS Analysis Services (2005 version)

Post by StuartLeitch » Tue 20 Dec 2005 05:29

Do you support using MySQLDirect.Net within Visual Studio for the purposes of Analysis Services applications? I get the following message:
Test connection failed because of an error in ititializing provider. Licence expired or not valid. Please view "Licencing" topic in MySQLDirect.Net documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support.
I don't see any obvious way to follow the advice given when getting this message in regular 2005 projects (I have no problems with regular projects).

Thanks

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 20 Dec 2005 08:47

We are investigating this problem right now.
You will be notified of the results.

StuartLeitch

Post by StuartLeitch » Tue 20 Dec 2005 19:01

Thanks a lot. Analysis services is an exciting development in the SQL Server 2005 release and I would like to be able to use MySQLDirect.Net to be able to build cubes on MySQL databases.

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 21 Dec 2005 14:40

What kind of projet do you create? If you create .dll (Class library) you have to compile .licenses resource using lc.exe and include it to the main .exe application. If you create an executable assembly you have to include licenses.licx file as described in MySQLDirect .NET documentation.

StuartLeitch

Post by StuartLeitch » Wed 21 Dec 2005 19:34

In VS2005 with SQL Server 2005 Client Tools installed, choose New Project -> Business intelligence Projects -> Analysis Services Project.

The issue I'm having with the MySQL Direct provider is at design time. When I try to use the CoreLab provider as a datasource, I get the message:
Test connection failed because of an error in ititializing provider. Licence expired or not valid. Please view "Licencing" topic in MySQLDirect.Net documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support.
I expect there may be an issue as you suggest with compiling the .licences resource, but I'm not at that stage yet - still trying to get the designer to work.

Thanks

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 03 Jan 2006 13:04

We'll inform you how to solve the problem after complete testing.
At this moment we cannot specify a date.