2.70.0 password not saved in connect string designtime

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
BOFH

2.70.0 password not saved in connect string designtime

Post by BOFH » Fri 03 Dec 2004 19:21

I'm using Visual Studio.NET 2003. I've created a form, added a MySQLConnection at design time, filled in the hostname, username, password, and schema. These are stored properly. The connction string for the control doesn't contain the password though. I've manually added it to the connection string, but after saving, it reverts back to not having the password. I notice this when I generate dataset from from a MySQLDataAdpater at design time or when filling a MySQLDataAdapter at runtime. This didn't happen in 2.50.0. Am I missing a configuration setting or anything of the like?

Oleg
Devart Team

Re: 2.70.0 password not saved in connect string designtime

Post by Oleg » Mon 06 Dec 2004 08:00

It is a known problem and it has been already fixed in MySQLDirect .NET 2.70.1.

lee

Using grid-based data editor to insert data

Post by lee » Mon 13 Dec 2004 12:23

I'm trying to edit data using the grid editor at design time, but I keep getting Access for user denied using password no.

When I check the connection the password is there and the connection test passes. I have check the user privileges and they are fine. I use SQLYOG with the same connection info with no problems.

I have only just got the pro version of MySQLDirect and I have hit problems already, I hope this isn’t a taste of things to come. :(

Duke
Devart Team

Re: Using grid-based data editor to insert data

Post by Duke » Tue 14 Dec 2004 08:57

lee wrote:I'm trying to edit data using the grid editor at design time, but I keep getting Access for user denied using password no.
Make sure that you have updated MySQLDirect to 2.70.1.

lee

Post by lee » Tue 14 Dec 2004 18:03

MySQLDirect to 2.70.1. is the version I received from Core Lab. I really don’t like one line basic replies. If you’re going to reply please at least make it sound like you either know the answer or have put some time into finding it out. If it were that simple I would have sorted it out myself. I probably sound like a crabby git, but I just hate it when I feel I’m being fobbed off or treated like a tit.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Wed 15 Dec 2004 06:50

lee wrote:MySQLDirect to 2.70.1. is the version I received from Core Lab.
In your first message you didn't say that you already have 2.70.1 version. So I supposed that you have the same one as BOFH.
The matter is that we have applied some fixes connected with password saving. That is the reason of my one-line answer.
Now we should consider to perform additional checks before making further statements about this issue.

lee

Post by lee » Mon 20 Dec 2004 12:14

Do you have a solution to the problem ? And if you do what is it.

Duke
Devart Team

Post by Duke » Mon 20 Dec 2004 12:56

Sorry, we cannot reproduce your problem. We need more detailed description. Please, send a message to our support e-mail address.