Licence Expired issue on 3.20.5

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
StuartLeitch

Licence Expired issue on 3.20.5

Post by StuartLeitch » Wed 14 Dec 2005 22:32

I just downloaded and installed the final .Net 2.0 licenced Professional version of the MySQLDirect product. It gives the following error:
License expired or not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support.
My code was working prior to upgrading.

Thanks in advance for your prompt assistance.

Post by Guest » Thu 15 Dec 2005 00:32

I'm having the same problem using a registred version of the 2.0 final under Visual Studio 2005.

This isn't an isolated problem and needs to be addressed right away.

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 15 Dec 2005 07:23

Please read carefully 'Licensing' article in MySQLDirect .NET documentation.
Then perform steps provided there.

Note for web projects in VS2005. To add 'licenses.licx' file as embedded resource just drop a MySqlConnection component from the toolbox to Component designer. Designer will add required resource automatically.

Post by Guest » Thu 15 Dec 2005 14:10

I've gone over each step and still have the problem. This is a web project.

I had version 2.80 .NET 1.x prior to loading the beta for 3.20 .NET 2.0. Everything worked fine using the beta. It's when I loaded the final release that I started getting this error.

I can't move forward without getting this resolved. Please help!

shutterstock

Post by shutterstock » Thu 15 Dec 2005 15:07

I'm having the same problem as well....

Never had an issue before!

shutterstock

Post by shutterstock » Thu 15 Dec 2005 15:27

I solved this problem!

in VS05: Just add the MySqlConnection to your form, then delete it...

the licenses.licx file will appear in your "Properties" section..

and then it will work.

Serious?:
Is this a VS05 thing? How come it didn't happen with the beta version?

Jon

StuartLeitch

Post by StuartLeitch » Thu 15 Dec 2005 15:45

in VS05: Just add the MySqlConnection to your form, then delete it...
Worked for me also.

avi8tor

Post by avi8tor » Thu 15 Dec 2005 15:54

I also had the same problem. Never had with earlier versions. I tried both methods of licensing, that is, created the file manually as in the documentation (application ran okay), then I deleted the file and tried the other suggestion. I just opened my the page set as the start page for my app and added/deleted a MySqlConnection. The licx page was created automatically.

So now...

I am correct in reading the documentation that this licensing page does NOT have to be deployed with the project? It is only used in development?

The project I am working with is already deployed to another server. I am just making updates. I should only have to deploy the Corelab.Mysql.dll file... correct?

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 15 Dec 2005 16:12

shutterstock wrote:Is this a VS05 thing? How come it didn't happen with the beta version?

Jon
This is a new licensing schema for Core Lab products.

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 15 Dec 2005 16:42

Anonymous wrote:I've gone over each step and still have the problem. This is a web project.

I had version 2.80 .NET 1.x prior to loading the beta for 3.20 .NET 2.0. Everything worked fine using the beta. It's when I loaded the final release that I started getting this error.

I can't move forward without getting this resolved. Please help!
If you still encounter this problem try to reinstall MySQLDirect .NET. Make sure that MySQLDirect isn't installed and there are no CoreLab.MySql.dll, CoreLab.MySql.Addin.dll, CoreLab.MySql.Design.dll files in GAC or in any other folder accessible to your project.

Post by Guest » Thu 15 Dec 2005 17:48

I'm still having the problem. I've added and then deleted a mySqlConnection. I have a licenses.licx file which includes an entry for mySql.

I also uninstalled MySqlDirect.net, made sure there were no files left, and then reinstalled.

Still no luck. Any other ideas?

MattW

Still having problem as well.

Post by MattW » Thu 15 Dec 2005 18:56

I have tried everything you have recommended Serious and am having the same problem.

1. Uninstalled MySqlNet 3.20.
2. Removed all instances of CoreLab.MySql.dll from my machine and applications, and global assembly cache.
3. Reinstalled MySqlNet 3.20
4. Opened my web application and added a mySqlConnection in component designer. I observed a license file that was created in the process of doing this.

Contents:
CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection, CoreLab.MySql, Version=3.20.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701
5. I ran my web application and observed the creation of App_Licenses.dll in the Bin folder.
6. After I run my application, the MySqlConnection.Open method still throws the exception.
License expired or not valid.
7. Code snippet that generates the exception in my Login_Authenticate event for my login page:
protected void Login1_Authenticate(object sender, AuthenticateEventArgs e)
{
string DESpw;

MySqlConnection Q2CN;
MySqlDataAdapter Q2DA;
DataTable Q2UserTable = new DataTable();

DESpw = UnixCrypt.Crypt( "Q2", Login1.Password );
Q2CN = new MySqlConnection(ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["CoreLabQIS2ConnectionString"].ConnectionString);
Q2CN.Open();

}

I can not make MySqlNet work anymore with your new authentication model. As a result of this, deployment of our application has been delayed. Please release a version of your provider with licensing removed or disabled until you have a fix or have throughly tested this new "feature".

RobD

Post by RobD » Thu 15 Dec 2005 19:33

I'm still having the same licensing problem

Post by Guest » Thu 15 Dec 2005 23:28

I too have tried everything with no luck. I've removed every file on the drive having to do with CoreLab and still it doesn't work. There must be something somewhere that's causing this.

On Firday, it'll be four days since it first became a problem. I've lost a lot of time and creditability. A fix or work-around must be found before the weekend. I can't go into next week dealing with the same problem.

Please help!!!

RobD

Post by RobD » Fri 16 Dec 2005 09:20

I agree - A fix or work-around must be found before the weekend