How do I?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
radu

How do I?

Post by radu » Sun 11 Dec 2005 18:04

Hi,
I made an .app in Visual Fox 6.
My table must be acces from many location (in two different town) using a internet conexion.
I thought that must put my table onto a internet server.
But now came my problem:
to query this table what can I use?

Must make an client server query - but, because I have not experience in this domain, please tell me what must start to lern firt of all, to make this possible.

Thanks,
Radu

Serious

Post by Serious » Mon 12 Dec 2005 12:06

We cannot give you advices in your application architecture because this exceeds goals of our support.
Feel free to contact us if you have questions on using MySQLDirect .NET.

danzman

Server

Post by danzman » Wed 14 Dec 2005 20:01

You will have to connect using a connection string. Go to MySQL.org to learn more about the string. You will need the user/password with the proper permission level.

You will also need to know the IP address of the server. Find out if you have a dynamic or static IP. If the IP is dynamic then you will need the services of IP managers like www.no-ip.com

In your server's router you will need to forward a port to point toward your machine's local IP. Make sure that the DHCP server does not change the local IP. You need to do this: forward port (UDP/TCP) to 3306 with the server's local IP

Once you have the connection established then you can go ahead and connect to your database.