corelab tools in toolbar are greyed out

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Rob

Post by Rob » Fri 09 Dec 2005 17:35

I'm using mysqldirect 3.20.5 on Visual Studio 2005. Before I installed 3.20.5 I uninstalled 2.80 and did a search for and deleted any corelab.mysql files. Your tools show up oin my tool bar but are greyed out and won't drag and drop. I can use your classes in my code and they work but I can't drag and drop.

What did I do wrong?

Rob

Serious

Post by Serious » Mon 12 Dec 2005 09:28

Probably MySQLDirect .NET components in the toolbox have wrong path to assembly. To correct it you can remove MySql* components from the toolbox, then add new components (Use 'Add/Remove components...' command in the popup menu) using CoreLab.MySql.dll assembly located in the MySQLDirect .NET installation folder.

RobD

Still Grey

Post by RobD » Tue 13 Dec 2005 20:20

Thank you for your reply,
I have tried your suggestion with no success. Today I downloaded and installed your latest 13-Dec-05 Release of MySQLDirect .NET 3.20 with the same results. When I go to "Choose Toolbox Items" it says the directory for all CoreLab 3.20.5.0 tools is "Global Assembly Cache". Is this the right directory?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have clients and projects waiting.

Rob

RobD

Post by RobD » Wed 14 Dec 2005 02:56

Now, I'm getting this error message as well as the greyed out tools:

"CoreLab.MySql.MySqlException: License expired or not valid. Please view "Licensing" topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation for details or contact Core Lab technical support."

I am a registered user of MySQLDirect .NET 2 Professional. Do I need another license? I thought this was a trial version.

Rob Deasey

Post by Guest » Wed 14 Dec 2005 04:27

As far as the toolbox, are you using the Component Designer?

I'm getting the same error message about the license being expired. This started when I installed the post beta version of 3.20. Does anyone have a solution?

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 14 Dec 2005 14:21

Please read carefully 'Licensing' article in MySQLDirect .NET documentation.
Then perform steps provided there.

Serious

Re: Still Grey

Post by Serious » Wed 14 Dec 2005 15:01

RobD wrote:When I go to "Choose Toolbox Items" it says the directory for all CoreLab 3.20.5.0 tools is "Global Assembly Cache".
First, make sure that you installed correct MySQLDirect .NET version (version for .NET Framework 2).
Second, check if you're using WinForms designer in Windows application project or Component designer in Web projects when trying to use components.

RobD

still the same

Post by RobD » Wed 14 Dec 2005 17:15

Seriously?

First,
I have the correct version, I know because I have uninstalled it and carefully reinstalled it three or four times.

Second,
I am in Component designer in Web projects.

Third,
I have followed the instructions regarding licensing in the documentation.
Here is a check list:

Create a file named licenses.licx
(I made a .txt file and named it licenses.licx)

Open the file with a text editor and place this line inside:
CoreLab.MySql.MySqlConnection, CoreLab.MySql
(Done)

Save the file and add it to your project.
(Done)

Make sure it is embedded as a resource. To do this, in Visual Studio .NET view properties of the file and check that Build Action is set to Embedded Resource.
(When I right click the file in Solution explorer there are no properties options for the file, only "Build runtime licences" so I did that and it creates a bin folder with a file called "App_Licenses.dll". But it still gives the same error message as before!)

I wasn't having any problems with the license before I downloaded your dec 13 release. Now none of my projects that I built in the previous version work.

I am on the west coast of Canada, so with the time difference I don't get your relpies for 24 hours. So if you could please put more detail it would be greatly appreciated as I have been working on this for some time now. Its still asking for a license, the tools are still grey and my clients are still waiting.

Rob

RobD

in addition

Post by RobD » Wed 14 Dec 2005 18:42

I also uninstalled and reinstalled mysqldirect.net2 after I added the license (as it says in the licensing documentation) with the same resulting licensing error.

Rob

RobD

Post by RobD » Wed 14 Dec 2005 20:32

My tools are only greyed out for web applications. If I create a windows application I can see them in full color. license error still happening.

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 15 Dec 2005 07:36

When you're in designer of your Web Project HTML section is available in the toolbox?

RobD

Post by RobD » Thu 15 Dec 2005 16:04

yes I can see the html tools.

this is taking too long.

RobD

Post by RobD » Thu 15 Dec 2005 16:10

I clipped this from another thread

"Note for web projects in VS2005. To add 'licenses.licx' file as embedded resource just drop a MySqlConnection component from the toolbox to Component designer. Designer will add required resource automatically."

I CAN'T DO THIS BECAUSE MY TOOLS ARE GREYED OUT!
i CAN NOT DRAG AND DROP!

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 15 Dec 2005 16:20

RobD wrote:yes I can see the html tools.

this is taking too long.
HTML section is available only in 'Designer' view. To use MySQLDirect .NET components you have to use 'Component Designer' view.
Serious wrote:Second, check if you're using WinForms designer in Windows application project or Component designer in Web projects when trying to use components.
Make sure you're in 'Component Designer' view, not in 'Designer' view.
Switch between views using context menu of .aspx file in Solution Explorer.

RobD

Post by RobD » Thu 15 Dec 2005 19:35

It works now, I knew it must have been something simple.
But I'm still getting the licensing error.
Maybe put the old version back so at least we can work