Fill Error on some systems

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL

Fill Error on some systems

Post by Guest » Wed 30 Nov 2005 13:37

VB.NET 2002
.Net Framework (english) v1.0.3705
MySql V4.0.18

On the developpement computer it works fine. I make a deployement project and I install the application on another computer. The error that occurs each time the application performes a Fill:

mscorlib
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.PtrToStructureHelper(IntPtr ptr, Object structure, Boolean allowValueClasses)
at CoreLab.MySql.MySqlDataReader.Open(CommandBehavior behavior)
at CoreLab.MySql.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at CoreLab.MySql.MySqlCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(Object data, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
at Common.clsCmbVal.Populare()

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 30 Nov 2005 13:57

Please describe in detail your problem.

Please send us small test project if possible to reproduce the problem; it is desirable to use 'test' schema objects, otherwise include definition of your own database objects. Do not use third party components.

If it is impossible for you to create test project please send us a piece of your code where the error occurs.

Anca Grun

Post by Anca Grun » Wed 30 Nov 2005 15:29

I found the problem. It was a wrong version of libmysql.dll that I used for the deployement.

Thank you for your prompt answer.