Error Message Developer Tools

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
avi8tor

Error Message Developer Tools

Post by avi8tor » Wed 23 Nov 2005 04:12

I also put this posting under Developer Tools but...

Installed Pro version 3.05.04 and after starting VS.Net I get an "unspecified error" message for Developer Tools. Checked the add-in manager and the tools are there. Under the Tools menu all references to the developer tools are grayed out and there are no icons on the toolbar nor is the DBTools toolbar referenced. The GAC shows the assembly has been added with the correct version and all the files were installed. Developer Tools are not loading when I start VS.Net.

I had this same problem with an earlier version and forget what the solution was. Believe it had something to do with registering the .dll file though.

Any help would be appreciated.

avi8tor

Post by avi8tor » Fri 09 Dec 2005 13:56

I was told by support that this would be fixed with the next update. That was at least a week ago. When is it coming?

avi8tor

Post by avi8tor » Thu 15 Dec 2005 19:33

I just installed version 3.20 and have the same problems as before. In addition is the licensing problem which I was able to resolve, but don't really like it. Does this license need to be deployed with the project files?

To the real questions. DbTools toolbar interface is not loading at startup. I get an unspecified error message. The add-in manager shows the DbTools add-in. There is no toolbar available for DbTools and under the tools menu everything referenced to DbTools is greyed out. When I start VS.Net I get a bunch of little boxes on my screen caused the the error loading DbTools.

What is going on???

avi8tor

Post by avi8tor » Fri 16 Dec 2005 17:28

Problem fixed..

Open a command window, go to directory where devenv.exe is located and run....

devenv.exe\setup