Reporting Services 2008 R2 dotConnect for MySQL

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
cgaspard

Reporting Services 2008 R2 dotConnect for MySQL

Post by cgaspard » Thu 29 Sep 2011 13:10

Hi All,

I'm trying to get dotConnect for MySQL working with SQL Server Reporting Services 2008 R2.

The problem I am having is that when I am creating a new dataset in a Visual Studio 2008 report service project, I keep getting an error every time I open the query designer with a datasource selected that is built with devart mysql driver.
The selected data extension Devart.Data.MySql is not installed or cannot be loaded. Verify that the selected data extension is installed on the client for local reports and on the report server for published reports. (Microsoft.ReportingServices.Designer.Controls)
Now I have been researching this for a few days, and I have verified that my RSReportDesigner.config file contains the following which looks correct to me.

In the data section:

Code: Select all

<Extension Name="Devart.Data.MySql" Type="Devart.Data.MySql.ReportingServices.MySqlConnectionWrapper, Devart.Data.MySql.ReportingServices, Version=6.50.214.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701" />
In the designer section:

<Extension Name="Devart.Data.MySql" Type="Devart.Data.MySql.ReportingServices.Design.MySqlQueryDesigner, Devart.Data.MySql.ReportingServices.Design, Version=6.50.214.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701" />
And in the RSPreviewPolicy.config file I see:

<CodeGroup class="UnionCodeGroup" version="1" PermissionSetName="FullTrust" Name="Devart.Data.MySql" Description="Code group for Devart.Data.MySql.ReportingServices data processing extension">
<IMembershipCondition class="UrlMembershipCondition" version="1" Url="c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\Devart.Data.MySql.ReportingServices.dll" />
</CodeGroup> 
I've been playing around with the rest of the integration with Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 and all seems to be working fine. So I'm pretty sure the driver is actually installed correctly.

I am running Win7 64 bit with 64 bit version of of SSRS 2008 R2 as well.

Anyone have any ideas what might be causing the problem?

Thanks for the help in advance

Corey

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 05 Oct 2011 13:26

Thank you for your report. We are investigating the issue.