Call TableAdapter methods

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Mi7chVB

Call TableAdapter methods

Post by Mi7chVB » Thu 22 Sep 2011 14:04

I have a problem. In my Visual Studio 2010 project I have added a new DataSet ( using the wizard ) from our database.

When I go to the Dataset I have created, I see all of my tables and stored procedures. On one of my table I have added a new sql query to the TableAdapters.

Now is my question how do you call that specific method?

For example I have a Table called 'Countries' and in my TableAdapter ( CountriesTableAdapter ) I have created FillCountriesByEurope and GetCountriesByEurope methods.

When using SQL Server you can call the TableAdapters from the DataSet created by DataSetNameTableAdapters. When using dotConnect for mysql you don't have this option ???

Mi7chVB

Post by Mi7chVB » Mon 26 Sep 2011 08:06

Found the solution...

It was in the properties of the devart DataSet. Custom Tool must be set as MSDataSetGenerator.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Call TableAdapter methods

Post by Shalex » Tue 27 Sep 2011 14:09

Mi7chVB wrote:When using SQL Server you can call the TableAdapters from the DataSet created by DataSetNameTableAdapters. When using dotConnect for mysql you don't have this option ???
dotConnect for MySQL generates datasets basing on MySqlDataTable which replaces Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection, MySqlCommand, MySqlDataAdapter, and MySqlCommandBuilder classes with all-in-one class:
http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... Table.html.
That's why there are no TableAdapters in our code generation.