VS2005 RTM compatibility – When?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
JamesB

VS2005 RTM compatibility – When?

Post by JamesB » Tue 08 Nov 2005 04:15

Guys – what’s going on? You have been offering a MySQLDirect.Net 2.0 enabled version for at least 6 months – giving us confidence that you would be ready at launch. Why no real reply about timeframes for a fix in the other threads? Are you determined to cement your growing reputation for poor customer service and tardy fixes to critical issues?

At least keep us informed – without information we are left with the frustration of uncertainty about deployment timeframes (your product worked in Beta 2!). The inclination is growing strongly within us to voice our objections loudly on the various third party forums that lead us to select your product in the first place. Is that what it will take to get your focused attention?

Stuart

Post by Stuart » Tue 08 Nov 2005 06:44

I agree.

BTW - How can you expect us to vote you best in class when you are not responsive to your customers on critical issues?
Dear users,

Core Lab is pleased to announce that MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider and
MySQL Developer Tools have been nominated for the 2005 .NET Developer's Journal Readers' Choice Award
in the category of Best .NET Providers, Databases, and Tools.

Your vote in support of the performance boosting MySQLDirect .NET would be
greatly appreciated. You can cast your vote for MySQLDirect .NET and MySQL Developer Tools
at the .NET Developer's Journal website.

Please hurry, because voting ends July 31, 2005.

Thank you for your support!

Core Lab Team

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 08 Nov 2005 10:22

We plan to release new build of MySQLDirect .NET that supports .NET Framework 2 on the next week.

Stuart

Thank you

Post by Stuart » Wed 09 Nov 2005 04:11

Thanks Serious. I appreciate the response and the effort to resolve this issue.

thbeer

Post by thbeer » Fri 11 Nov 2005 20:42

Is this still on track for next week for the .Net 2.0 fix for v3?

Thanks,
Chris

Serious

Post by Serious » Mon 14 Nov 2005 13:05

We plan to release new build of MySQLDirect .NET that supports .NET Framework 2 on this week.

R. Santana

Post by R. Santana » Wed 16 Nov 2005 11:30

I'll be waiting for this version. I've upgraded this week to 3.x and I cannot use it until you release the final version for 2.0 Framework.

Thanks.

andreh

Post by andreh » Fri 18 Nov 2005 10:49

It's friday ... what is the E.T.A. on the new version?

Will it happen THIS week ...?

TillmanZ

Post by TillmanZ » Fri 18 Nov 2005 14:27

As I know from personal experience that it's always very hard to say when some development/patch is ready for production, but I still believe that you will have no difficulties in understanding that this current situation is very disturbing. Given the fact that CLR 2.0 was out there for such a long time as beta I was hoping for immediate compatibility with the final version from your end.
Actually my primary intention for upgrading to 3.x was to be on the safe side for CLR 2.0, but that apparently didn't help much.

So I am hoping that you will tell us when you realistically expect to release the 2.0 compliant version.

Best regards,

Tillman Zschucke

longitude

Post by longitude » Sat 19 Nov 2005 17:44

All of our development is on hold until this is released also..

We are eagerly awaiting news.

thbeer

Post by thbeer » Mon 21 Nov 2005 05:39

Well, the week is over and still nothing. I am very upset about this. We are holding on dev work waiting for this release. It seems that core lab has been pretty good about getting new versions out but they really dropped the ball on this one. I spent good money for this product and expect to get updates when we are told that we are going to get them.

Still waiting.
ThBeer

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 22 Nov 2005 12:55

MySQLDirect .NET 3.20 Beta with Visual Studio 2005 Final support is available.
We're looking forward to your comments and suggestions.

Post by Guest » Tue 22 Nov 2005 13:38

I was expecting a non-beta - has anybody tried this yet?

Post by Guest » Fri 25 Nov 2005 10:45

Are there also plans to support 2.80.x on .NET 2.0 final? I now still have to compile our runtime libs against Beta2 because of the lack of updates on 2.80 for .NET 2.0 final.

FransBouma

Post by FransBouma » Fri 25 Nov 2005 10:46

Anonymous wrote:Are there also plans to support 2.80.x on .NET 2.0 final? I now still have to compile our runtime libs against Beta2 because of the lack of updates on 2.80 for .NET 2.0 final.
Apparently phpBB didn't log me on when I thought I was logged on. That 'guest' was me (not that anyone cares, but still ;))