Mobile - Problem connecting to servers on local network

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
morosan.mihai

Mobile - Problem connecting to servers on local network

Post by morosan.mihai » Thu 26 May 2011 13:32

Hello, i have the dotConnect for MySQL Mobile Standard 6.30.160. I'm developing an application in Visual Studio 2008 Visual Basic for Windows CE device.

I deployed my application on the device, device is connected to the same router as my PC wich run on Windows with MySql Server 5.1.57, but the problem is i cannot connect to it.

The error is : Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.1.13' (10061): Server did not respond within the specified timeout interval.

If I try to connect to a server that isn't in my network it works. Another strange thing is if i try to connect to '192.168.1.2' or '192.168.1.5' or any other ip from my sub net it gives same error, and the only active devices are my Windows CE device (192.168.1.100) and my PC (192.168.1.13).

This is my code:

Dim mConnectionString as MySqlConnectionStringBuilder
mConnectionString = New MySqlConnectionStringBuilder
mConnectionString.Port = mport
mConnectionString.Host = mServer
mConnectionString.UserId = mUser
mConnectionString.Password = mPassword
mConnectionString.Direct = True
mConnectionString.Database = mDatabase
mConnectionString.MaxPoolSize = 150
mConnectionString.Pooling = True
mConnectionString.Protocol = MySqlProtocol.Tcp
mConnectionString.ConnectionTimeout = 5

Dim mConnection as MySqlConnection = New MySqlConnection(mConnectionString.ConnectionString)

mConnection.Open()

I thought that it was my Windows CE Device, but i tryed on another device with windows mobile 6 and same error !

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 27 May 2011 13:52

morosan.mihai wrote:I deployed my application on the device, device is connected to the same router as my PC wich run on Windows with MySql Server 5.1.57, but the problem is i cannot connect to it.
If I try to connect to a server that isn't in my network it works.
This indicates that the problem is caused by either your network or by the host with MySQL server:
1) make sure that server is running and available by connecting to it with another tool;
2) check the firewall and antivirus software of your host where MySQL server is installed.

I have checked connectivity to MySQL server v 5.1.57 with dotConnect for MySQL Mobile v 6.30.160 - it works.

morosan.mihai

It's ok now

Post by morosan.mihai » Thu 23 Jun 2011 14:51

I had a problem with my router ... it works perfectly now. Thank you