MySQLDirect and VS 2005 Release Candidate

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
kazachok

MySQLDirect and VS 2005 Release Candidate

Post by kazachok » Fri 21 Oct 2005 12:46

Hello,
When will MySQLDirect be compatible with VS 2005 Release Candidate?
I just downloaded the trial version and installed it for VS 2005 RC and I am getting some errors in design on the final methods cannot be final for MySQLCommand.

Also as far as the Unicode (UTF8) support, I have some UTF8 strings in MySQL tables and MySQLDirect Query builder doesn't seem to understand them, plus, when you try to type Unicode characters in it only shows "????".

My system is Windows XP Pro SP2, MySQL 5.0.13 Release Candidate, Visual Studio 2005 Release Candidate.

Thank you for your help and time.

Kaz

Serious

Post by Serious » Fri 21 Oct 2005 13:08

We plan to support release version of .NET Framework 2 as soon as it becomes available.

You can use MySQLDirect .NET Data Provider 3.05 for .NET1 in your .NET2 projects. You can do it in the following way:

- Uninstall version of Data Provider for .NET2 framework;
- Install version for .NET1 framework;
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio 2005;
- Open toolbox using View/Toolbox command;
- In the toolbox execute "Choose Items..." command;
- In the opened dialog box browse for CoreLab.MySql.dll assembly that can by located in the root installation folder;
After that you can use the design-time components and compile your projects that use .NET2 framework.

kazachok

Post by kazachok » Fri 21 Oct 2005 13:49

Thank you for such a quick response.
I just uninstalled MySQLDirect .NET2 and tried to use MySQLDirect .NET1 and I am getting the following error:

"There was an error loading types from assembly 'C:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET\CoreLab.MySql.dll'
'Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'CoreLab.Common.DbDataReaderBase'. Asembly: 'CoreLab.MySql, Version=3.5.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701'.'

However, I am tring to use those components via namespace within the code, and so far it lets me use Connection.
I will post details as soon as I configure it to get some data from MySQL.

You also mentioned that you will support .NET 2 when it will be released, according to the Microsoft, Visual Studio 2005 will be released on November 7th (in 17 days). How soon will you be able to release you product with the support for Whidbey?

By the way, we will be purchasing your product if it will work in VS 2005.

Thanks.

kazachok

Post by kazachok » Fri 21 Oct 2005 14:39

Well, it doesn't let me fill the mySQLDataTable.
as soon as I do this->mySqlDataTable1->Fill();
It gives me an error :

An unhandled exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in CoreLab.MySql.dll

Additional information: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'CoreLab.Common.DbDataReaderBase'. Assembly: 'CoreLab.MySql, Version=3.5.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701'.

Thank you.

Serious

Post by Serious » Tue 25 Oct 2005 07:15

Please check if you can use MySQLDirect .NET components when coding in C#.

kazachok

Post by kazachok » Tue 25 Oct 2005 13:03

I was trying to use MySQLDirect in C# code - WindowForms project in VS 2005 Release Candidate.

1. Here is what error I get when I use MySQLDirect for .NET 1.1 when I try to add CoreLab.MySQL.dll to the ToolBox:
There was an error loading types from assembly 'C:\Program Files\CoreLab\MySQLDirect.NET\CoreLab.MySql.dll'
'Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'CoreLab.Common.DbDataReaderBase'. Asembly: 'CoreLab.MySql, Version=3.5.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701'.' "
2. And this is an error when I use MySQLDirect for .NET 2 when I place MySQLConnection onto the Form and try to use a smart tag for a ConnectionString:
Error invoking ConnectionString...'. Details: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'CoreLab.Common.DbDataReaderBase'. Assembly: 'CoreLab.MySql, Version=3.5.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701'.
But I when I set the ConnectionString in a Properties ToolBox for host, user, db etc, then click "Connect" smart tag and it connects to the server.
Then I drag MySqlCommand and it gives me the error:
Failed to create component'MySqlCommand'. The error message follows: 'System.TypeLoadException: Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlTransaction'. Assembly: 'CoreLab.MySql, Version=3.5.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701'.
at System.Signature._GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, IntPtr fieldHandle, IntPtr methodHandle, IntPtr declaringTypeHandle)
at System.Signature.GetSignature(SignatureStruct& signature, Void* pCorSig, Int32 cCorSig, RuntimeFieldHandle fieldHandle, RuntimeMethodHandle methodHandle, RuntimeTypeHandle declaringTypeHandle)
at System.Signature..ctor(RuntimeMethodHandle methodHandle, RuntimeTypeHandle)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.get_Signature()
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.GetParametersNoCopy()
at System.RuntimeType.FilterApplyMethodBaseInfo(MethodBase methodBase, BindingFlags bindingFlags, CallingConventions callConv, Type[] argumentTypes)
at System.RuntimeType.Ge...'"

I like you product because it can talk to MySQL directly instead of using client library, so I would like to purchase it to use it within VS 2005.
And by the way MySQL was released for production yesterday.

Hope the error messages help.
Please let me know if I can be of any help to test MySQLDirect, I would like it to be compatible with VS 2005 as soon as possible, then I will make a purchase.

P.S. I use VS 2005 Release Candidate, MySQL 5.0.15 Community Edition, Windows XP Pro SP2.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kaz

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 26 Oct 2005 13:21

Looks like you have problems in design-time. Do you have problems when coding in C# (in console application)?

kazachok

Post by kazachok » Wed 26 Oct 2005 16:08

Here is what i got:
Created console application in C#

Code: Select all

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Text;
using CoreLab.Common;
using CoreLab.MySql;

namespace MySQLDirectTestConsole
{
    class Program
    {
        static void Main(string[] args)
        {
            MySqlConnection connection = new MySqlConnection("Host=localhost;Database=tooldb");
            connection.UserId = "root";
            connection.Password = "password";
            connection.Unicode = true;
            connection.Port = 3306;
            connection.Direct = true;
            try
            {
                connection.Open();
            }
            catch(Exception e){

System.Console.Write(e.Message);
            }

connection.Close();

}
    }
}
and it gave me the following error on Open():
Declaration referenced in a method implementation cannot be a final method. Type: 'CoreLab.Common.DbDataReaderBase'. Assembly: 'CoreLab.MySql, Version=3.5.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701'.

And here is debug output window:

'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.dll', No symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll', No symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll', No symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll', No symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync\8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.Utilities.Sync.dll', No symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\timsho\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MySQLDirectTestConsole\MySQLDirectTestConsole\bin\Debug\MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe', No symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\System.Data\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.dll', No symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll', No symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CoreLab.MySql\3.5.3.0__09af7300eec23701\CoreLab.MySql.dll', No symbols loaded.
The thread 0xc94 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 0xc34 has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Documents and Settings\timsho\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\MySQLDirectTestConsole\MySQLDirectTestConsole\bin\Debug\MySQLDirectTestConsole.exe', Symbols loaded.
'MySQLDirectTestConsole.vshost.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll', No symbols loaded.
A first chance exception of type 'System.TypeLoadException' occurred in CoreLab.MySql.dll
Please let me know if you can test it on VS 2005 RC.

I desperately need you driver, in my application development.
I liked the Design features very much and it would be a lot easier to build application.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kaz

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 27 Oct 2005 13:23

We are investigating this problem right now.
You will be notified of the results.

Stuart

Same issues

Post by Stuart » Mon 31 Oct 2005 15:50

I'm getting the exact same issues in VS2005 RTM. Thanks for your prompt focus in a speedy resolution.

shutterstock

Post by shutterstock » Tue 01 Nov 2005 22:05

We are having this problem also -

We are using RTM - and .NET 2.0 - we need to get this going soon -

any idea when this is going to be solved?

Post by Guest » Thu 03 Nov 2005 21:45

beta-2 is giving us some major problems - and we need to move to the final version of visual studio.

is there anything else we can try? MySqlDirect for .NET2 and .NET1 are both giving us the same problems everybody else is reporting here.

Can you at least provide an ETA?

Other libraries we use require that we move to the final version of VS 2005.

Jon

Serious

Post by Serious » Fri 04 Nov 2005 07:31

We cannot provide any terms of MySQLDirect .NET release compatible with VS 2005.
Watch the announcements on the forum.

kazachok

Post by kazachok » Fri 04 Nov 2005 12:33

Is there any chance you will at least let us know if MySQLDirect will be released for VS2005 within 3-4 weeks after VS2005 Release on November 7th?
We do like your product and we would like to use it within our applications but utilizing it within VS2005 IDE due to design and development aproach.

I am only asking if there is no plans to make it compatible wtih VS2005 in the near future, then I will have to find something else that will be. However, I rather utilize your product thanks to its flexibilities and power.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Kaz

P.S. Please don't take it offensively, I am within time constraints on the application that I am developing right now.

Stuart

I concur

Post by Stuart » Fri 04 Nov 2005 23:02

I concur with kazachok’s sentiment. Please, please, please give us an idea of an approximate timeframe. We too are ready to go live and have this last minute problem that the CoreLab driver is no longer functional. It would be of great assistance if you could give us some guidance on whether we should shelve this project or keep working on it. Do you have any workarounds?

Thanks,

Stuart