Handling the Update command bug

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
enzers

Handling the Update command bug

Post by enzers » Wed 19 Oct 2005 14:47

I recently puchased MySQLDirect .NET for use in a new VB.NET application and have generally been very pleased with the design of the product. However, I have run into the bug where the Update command, as generated by the MySQLCommandBuilder, does not work reliably. My experience is that it will correctly add a new record to a table, but fails when updating an edited record.

About four posts down on this forum another user described a similar experience. A private communication with CoreLab support confirmed that my experience is due to the same bug and will be corrected in the next build. However, no date has been projected for the next build release.

In the mean time, I am left wondering what to do, since the Update command is fundamental. What are other users doing to update their database records? Is everyone else creating their own commands and using untyped datasets? I am new to VB .NET and learning more every day, but this problem has me confused, since I see only one other message on this topic in the forum. That would imply that most users are not experiencing this problem. Is it limited to the particular combination of product builds I'm using? (I'm using .NET Framework ver. 1.1.4322, MySQL ver. 4.1.13a-nt, and MySQLDirect ver. 3.0.2.)

If anyone can offer any alternatives to the existing Update method I would be very greatful for the help.

Steve Enzer

Serious

Post by Serious » Fri 21 Oct 2005 11:03

We have released MySQLDirect .NET 3.05.
Please download it using link provided in registration e-mail.

enzers

It works now!

Post by enzers » Mon 24 Oct 2005 20:40

I have had a chance to test your update and am pleased to say that the Update command created by your MySQLCommandBuilder now seems to work well.

Thanks for the updated software.