Licensing problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
defagordi

Licensing problem

Post by defagordi » Fri 15 Apr 2011 12:17

Hello,

When I try to compile a project I get this error message

Assembly (WindowsApplication3) is not licensed to use dotConnect for MySQL.
Please correct license information.

and then in the license information, I have that
Unknown project type. Embed licensing information if needed according to dotConnect for MySQL documentation

I have installed the Trial pro version and it's remaning 29 Days

What can I do please?

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Licensing problem

Post by Shalex » Mon 18 Apr 2011 11:29

defagordi wrote:When I try to compile a project I get this error message

Assembly (WindowsApplication3) is not licensed to use dotConnect for MySQL.
Please correct license information.
As I understood, WindowsApplication3 uses the Devart.* assemblies via your class library. Please add the *.exe name (WindowsApplication3.exe) to the licenses.config file as it is described in our documentation (the Class Libraries Support section).
defagordi wrote:and then in the license information, I have that
Unknown project type. Embed licensing information if needed according to dotConnect for MySQL documentation
Please tell us the type (ClassLibrary, WinForms, etc) of your project which is not recognized by the Tools > MySQL > License Information menu of Visual Studio.

defagordi

Post by defagordi » Mon 18 Apr 2011 12:13

Hello,

I do that, but I get the same error.
I use the folowing classes:
- Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection
- Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlCommand
- Devart.Data.MySql.MySqldatatable
- system.windows.forms.datagridview (with the Mysqldatatable as datasource)

I add the file "licenses.config" in the "properties" folder of my project (in the same folder as the "licenses.licx")

the file licenses.licx was already created and contain :

Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection, Devart.Data.MySql, Version=6.10.135.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Tue 19 Apr 2011 09:04

1. Could you please recreate the problem with a simple solution and send it to us (contact form)?
defagordi wrote:I add the file "licenses.config" in the "properties" folder of my project (in the same folder as the "licenses.licx")
2.1. Have you added licenses.config to your class library project (not to WinForms)?
2.2. Try removing these files (licenses.licx and licenses.config) to the root folder of the project and rebuilding the project (please clear the bin and obj folders of the project before rebuilding).
2.3. Describe your solution (the types of your projects and the chain of calls).
defagordi wrote:the file licenses.licx was already created and contain :

Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection, Devart.Data.MySql, Version=6.10.135.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=09af7300eec23701
Make sure that references to the Devart.* assemblies in this project are for the 6.10.135 version of dotConnect for Oracle (Devart.Data.dll v 5.0.236, Devart.Data.Oracle.dll v 6.10.135).

defagordi

Post by defagordi » Fri 29 Apr 2011 19:49

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, I can not do more simple, I use 4 composant:

Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection
Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlCommand
Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlDataTable
System.Windows.Forms.DataGridView (with the Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlDataTable as Datasource)

When I'm in the Designer and I open the connection, I see all Data in my grid, but when I compil, the grid is empty and I get the license error.

defagordi

Post by defagordi » Sat 30 Apr 2011 12:36

Hello again, this error coming on the pointer
(self.table as System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize).EndInit();

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 04 May 2011 06:06

We have answered you by e-mail (it is necessary to put licenses.licx to the root folder of your project).