DevartCleanOutputFiles task could not be loaded

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
iDave

DevartCleanOutputFiles task could not be loaded

Post by iDave » Fri 01 Apr 2011 09:31

Hallo all,

I have been using dotConnect for MySQL Express Edition and wanted to give it a try to the Professional Edition.

But now when I try to compile my previous application I get the following error:

Code: Select all

Error	1	The "DevartCleanOutputFiles" task could not be loaded from the assembly C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Devart\v3.5\Devart.Data.Entity.Build.Tasks.dll.  Confirm that the  declaration is correct, that the assembly and all its dependencies are available, and that the task contains a public class that implements Microsoft.Build.Framework.ITask.
Note: I'm using latest version of dotConnect for MySQL Professional Edition and Visual Studio 2010 SP1

How can I solve this?

iDave

Post by iDave » Sat 02 Apr 2011 06:43

Is this forum alive?

Anyway, I solved the problem by uninstalling everything related to Devart and then reinstalling it again.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Mon 04 Apr 2011 08:56

iDave, we have a two working day response policy.
Thank you for sharing the solution, the problem seems to be associated with the fact that you have not performed an uninstall of the Express edition before installing the Professional one.

iDave

Post by iDave » Tue 12 Apr 2011 06:37

AndreyR wrote:iDave, we have a two working day response policy.
Thank you for sharing the solution, the problem seems to be associated with the fact that you have not performed an uninstall of the Express edition before installing the Professional one.
Thanks AndreyR,

I was a little bit desperate to get an answer sooner that I missed the response policy. :oops:

Cheers :roll: