Compiling Works - Execute Fails

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
GeekPatrolMiller

Compiling Works - Execute Fails

Post by GeekPatrolMiller » Thu 13 Oct 2005 01:51

VS:2002 and CoreLab.MySql:2.80.9.0

I have the following in a default VB.Net Windows Application Template in a new Solution...
***Form1.vb***
Imports CoreLab.MySql
Imports System.Reflection

***Form1 Design***
I placed a single MySqlConnection and configured it with just the username, password, and host. When the Test button is clicked, connection is successful.

I can compile the mini test app and all is fine but if I try to execute it I get the following error message:
***ERROR MSG***
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Security.SecurityException' occurred in test-2.exe

Additional information: Security error.
The IDE highlights the line with "InitializeComponent()"
Clicking the Help Button provides none... go figure...

I am now lost. I was having this issue some months back and got around it by relaxing the securities on the shared drive and folder where the projects exist using the Framework 1.1 Config tool. As you can see in this snipit, I have tried using strong naming to resolve it. The Z: drive is the shared folder where the project folders exist and the key file is just in the root for testing.

Anyone with any additional ideas?
Thanks,
-greg

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 13 Oct 2005 06:43

Are you sure the problem is in MySQLDirect .NET?
We provide strong named assembly which runs at Web Servers with various security politics without problems for a long time.
Check if this problem exists when you do not use MySQLDirect .NET or set CopyLocal=false in the assembly reference properties.

GeekPatrolMiller

Post by GeekPatrolMiller » Thu 13 Oct 2005 11:30

copy local is set to false. This is a stand alone application. If I copy the compiled version to my desktop and run it from there, all is fine. I am certain the problem is in the framework policy configuration but I have been unable to figure out what is wrong. I was pretty certain the problem is not with mySqlDirect.net but was hoping there was someone who das seen this before and could prescribe the magic pill.

Thanks,
-greg

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 13 Oct 2005 12:03

You can try to adjust zone sequrity in 'Runtime Security Policy' section of .NET Configuration applet.
If this doesn't help you have some configuration problems that CoreLab Support Team cannot solve.