Devart.Data doesn't exist in Visual Studio C# 2010 Express?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
vashnik

Devart.Data doesn't exist in Visual Studio C# 2010 Express?

Post by vashnik » Sat 19 Mar 2011 05:35

I just installed it an hour ago and I'm already fed up with your product.
It's been added to machine.config automatically for .NET Framework 2.x, 3.x and 4.x. Visual Studio C# 2010 Express was restarted. I even added it to app.config for my application and still nothing.
Tools | MySQL | Update Wizard does not exist in Express.
I'm trying to connect to a MySQL database via Console and your product won't even show up.

What the hell am I missing? What the hell do I need to do so I can start using the C# code "using Devart.Data" and it actually shows up and actually works without the damn IDE complaining about Devart not existing so I can finally start learning to manipulate MySQL through a console window?

None of your help documents (online/offline) or any of your other help files have helped me figured WTF I'm missing. It would be so much easier if the IDE had code to access a MySQL database without any additional support from 3rd Party Software so I didn't have to deal with problems like this. ¬¬

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Devart.Data doesn't exist in Visual Studio C# 2010 Express?

Post by Shalex » Mon 21 Mar 2011 14:17

vashnik wrote:
Tools | MySQL | Update Wizard does not exist in Express.
Please refer to the dotConnect for MySQL compatibility page: "There are some limitations in Express Editions of Visual Studio. The following features are not available: provider add-in, automatic toolbox components registration and DDEX integration."
vashnik wrote:I'm trying to connect to a MySQL database via Console and your product won't even show up.
Where did you expect dotConnect for MySQL would be shown up?
vashnik wrote:What the hell am I missing? What the hell do I need to do so I can start using the C# code "using Devart.Data" and it actually shows up and actually works without the damn IDE complaining about Devart not existing so I can finally start learning to manipulate MySQL through a console window?
Have you added references to the Devart.Data.MySql.dll and Devart.Data.dll assemblies into your Console Application?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 00%29.aspx
vashnik wrote:None of your help documents (online/offline) or any of your other help files have helped me figured WTF I'm missing.
Please refer to our tutorials at http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... arted.html (e.g., Logging Onto The Server).