Licensing problem

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Thomas J.

Licensing problem

Post by Thomas J. » Fri 18 Feb 2011 10:29

Hello

I have read a lot of threads regariding this issue, but without success.
This is my first contact with VS2010, .NET and IIS.
All test products including yours.

I'm using .Net 4 on IIS.
The Web application is running fine in VS2010.
But if I copy the directory and the dll
- Devart.Data.MySql.Web.dll
- Devart.Data.MySql.dll
- Devart.Data.dll
I have also copied the file licenses.licx in the wwwroot, in application and sub directory. I still get the erroro regarding Licensing.

I don't have the App_Licenses.dll

What did I missed?

Thanks
Thomas

Thomas J.

Post by Thomas J. » Mon 21 Feb 2011 07:29

Hello all,

some addtional information
In "License Information..." is written
"License is not needed. The library does not have reference to Devart.Data.MySql."

And here http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... nsing.html
is written, that "License is automatically added to project when you drop a MySqlConnection component ..." I don't have this component, but I'm using the "MySqlDataSource"

Thanks for your help
Thomas

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 21 Feb 2011 11:42

Please give us the following information:
1) the version of your dotConnect for MySQL (x.xx.xxx). You can find it in the Tools > MySQL > About menu of Visual Studio. Be aware that Visual Studio 2010 is supported starting from the 5.70.124 version of dotConnect for MySQL (revision history);
2) specify the names of the Devart.* assemblies which are referenced in your web project;
3) the type of your web project - Web Site or ASP.NET Web Application (they have different types of licensing): http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... g.html#asp.
If your project is ASP.NET Web Application, only create the licenses.licx file in the root directory and rebuild the project on the machine where dotConnect for MySQL is installed.

Notify us about the results.

Thomas J.

Post by Thomas J. » Mon 21 Feb 2011 15:17

Now it is working.

I dont't need a App_Licenses.dll and file licenses.licx has to be only on the development machine and also not on the IIS Server.
And the main problem was that I don't have copied the NEWEST .dll from VS2010 project to the IIS Server.

So I add the "Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection, Devart.Data.MySql" to the licenses.licx file compiled the project and copied the new .dll to the IIS server.
The project is an ASP.NET Web Application.