InvalidCastException:Specified Cast in not Valid

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
bsd_01

InvalidCastException:Specified Cast in not Valid

Post by bsd_01 » Mon 03 Oct 2005 06:56

I have been using 2.8 pro for sometime now with no problems. Today this error occures when I try to configure a data table. It also happens whne I try to configure a connection and when I click on the parameters tab while onfiguring a command.

HELP!!!

Mark

Serious

Post by Serious » Mon 03 Oct 2005 11:45

Probably you've updated MySQLDirect .NET.
Try to reinstall MySQLDirect .NET. Check before that MySQLDirect isn't installed and there are no CoreLab.MySql.dll, CoreLab.MySql.Addin.dll, CoreLab.MySql.Design.dll files in GAC.

Post by Guest » Tue 04 Oct 2005 01:43

Serious wrote:Probably you've updated MySQLDirect .NET.
Try to reinstall MySQLDirect .NET. Check before that MySQLDirect isn't installed and there are no CoreLab.MySql.dll, CoreLab.MySql.Addin.dll, CoreLab.MySql.Design.dll files in GAC.
Sorry but your wrong in your assumption. No. I puchased the 2.8 pro last year. been using it all this time when this began to happen.

I can tell you that it does not happen on windows forms applications. It seems only to occur with web form applications.

Here is what I have done to correct the problem. I uninstalled MySQLDirect .NET. Went in to the reg and removed all entries with "corelab". I went in to "program files" and removed "Corelab" Folder. And I went to the GAC Folder and made sure no corelab assemblies were there.

I then Rebooted and purchased the upgrade version 3.0 and installed it. I then opened up my project and double clicked on a mysqlconnection and got the very same error.

In addition to the popup error, in the tasks list this came up:

Code generation for property 'Parameters' failed. Error was: ''MySqlParameterConverter' is unable to convert 'CoreLab.MySql.MySqlParameter' to 'System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.InstanceDescriptor'.'

Please help.

Thanks
Mark

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 05 Oct 2005 12:58

Check you've deleted "%ProgramFiles%\Common Files\CoreLab" folder before installing new version of MySQLDirect .NET.

If this doesn't help:
1. Start visual studio, reproduce the problem (perform required actions to receive an error message you've specified).
2. Start another instance of visual studio and attach debugger to previous one.
3. Open 'Modules' window and make sure that all CoreLab.* assemblies have 3.0.2 version, and CoreLab.DbTools.Interfaces have 1.21 version.
4. Go to GAC (%WINDIR%\assembly) and check CoreLab.* assembies versions are as I've described in step 3.

bsd_01

Post by bsd_01 » Thu 06 Oct 2005 19:24

I fixed the problem.

What I did was remove and reinstall both IIS and .NET Framework.

And now everything is happy in my neighborhood.

:D

Thanks for the helped.

Hope this helps out someone else...