Dropping Parameters

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Jammerj2000

Dropping Parameters

Post by Jammerj2000 » Tue 27 Sep 2005 12:34

On the MySQLDirectMobile, I can configure MySQL Data Adapters just fine. I can add the parameters just fine. However, if I switch to a different solution, then come back to this one, the Parameters are gone from the Configure Data Adapter tool. The app also will not run at that point, giving me missing mapping errors. I can re-add the parameters and it will then run.

I am using the parameter format @NAME Is this not valid for MySQL?

Jammerj2000

Post by Jammerj2000 » Tue 27 Sep 2005 16:09

Experimenting further...

I have found that If you use the :NAME paramter format, the utilities will ask you to regenereate the Parameters. But it is still dropping them if you switch to another solution.

I have found that if you use the short form of the Parameter Add...

Me.GetGiftItems.Parameters.Add("AccountID", CoreLab.MySql.MySqlType.Int, 0, "AccountID")

The utility will read the parameters into the utility windows. If you use the automatically generated long form...

Me.GetGiftItems.Parameters.Add(New CoreLab.MySql.MySqlParameter("AccountID", CoreLab.MySql.MySqlType.Int, 0, System.Data.ParameterDirection.Input, False, CType(0, Byte), CType(0, Byte), "AccountID", System.Data.DataRowVersion.Current, Nothing))

The utility will not read the paramters into the utility window.

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 28 Sep 2005 08:55

We have fixedd this problem for MySQLDirect .NET.
Look forward for the next build.