Using Devart on Azure

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
Cennest

Using Devart on Azure

Post by Cennest » Mon 29 Nov 2010 06:43

Hi,
I intend to use the Devart MySQL LINQConnect to connect an Azure app to a MySQL database. Everything runs well locally but when i deploy on Azure the license file is causing an issue( I am currently under the trial period).
The current error i am getting is "License not valid due to the problems with LinqConnect installation.".
Please note that i CANNOT INSTALL dotConnect or LINQConnect on the Azure machine as it is not allowed. I have to ensure that all the required dlls and licenses are present "within" my solution.

Please advice if i can use Devart on a machine without "installing" it as such or writing anything to the GAC or the registry.

Thanks
Cennest

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Mon 29 Nov 2010 10:01

It is possible to deploy applications using dotConnect for MySQL onto machines where it is not installed. To resolve the problem you've encountered, please check that
1) all needed assemblies are deployed with your application; as you are using LinqConnect, these should be Devart.Data, Devart.Data.MySql, Devart.Data.Linq, and Devart.Data.MySql.Linq;
2) the version number specified in the licenses.licx file coincides with the version of dotConnect for MySQL you are using; also, you can remove the version number from licenses.licx, leaving there "Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlConnection, Devart.Data.MySql" only.

If the problem persists, please specify the stack trace of the exception you are getting. If possible, please send us a test project (source and/or executable) so that we are able to investigate the issue in details.