Sync Framework and MySql

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
insan2006

Sync Framework and MySql

Post by insan2006 » Sat 25 Sep 2010 09:16

Has anyone tried it?
May have a DevArt have any achievements?
I have a problem in the implementation of MySqlSyncProvider

P.S.
Why if param Guid:
tableTableAdapter(dataset.table, param.toByteArray()) ??
Provider itself must be understood and translated into bytearray, not my hands while working with Guid and not batearray
I'm writing a project scope MySql Ent 40TB and about 50-million records and some things confused.

P.P.S. And by the way, DbForge Studio for MySql disgusting makes backup Binary field.For yet and mysqldump similarly. But his backups although i can upload to the database.

Viktor
Devart Team

Post by Viktor » Mon 27 Sep 2010 08:25

P.P.S. And by the way, DbForge Studio for MySql disgusting makes backup Binary field.For yet and mysqldump similarly. But his backups although i can upload to the database.
To backup binary fields in HEX format, on the Options page of the backup wizard, select "Use Hex for binary" option.

Shalex
Site Admin

Re: Sync Framework and MySql

Post by Shalex » Mon 27 Sep 2010 17:38

insan2006 wrote:Has anyone tried it?
May have a DevArt have any achievements?
I have a problem in the implementation of MySqlSyncProvider

P.S.
Why if param Guid:
tableTableAdapter(dataset.table, param.toByteArray()) ??
Provider itself must be understood and translated into bytearray, not my hands while working with Guid and not batearray
I'm writing a project scope MySql Ent 40TB and about 50-million records and some things confused.
1. We have not tested yet our providers with Sync Framework. Could you please specify the exact problems you have encountered? We will investigate them and notify you about the results. Which interface and its method are you implementing when it is necessary to make the param.toByteArray() conversion?
2. Here is a general information about a possible approach: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff872391.aspx.
3. If possilble, please send us a small test project to reproduce the problems in our environment.