Unidentified error while adding function import

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
sieira

Unidentified error while adding function import

Post by sieira » Wed 12 May 2010 18:15

I have a Silverlight solution on whose web application project I have created an Entity Data Model.

When I map a stored procedure from the database everything works okay as far as I select "none" or a particular type of scalar as it's return type.

Well, I need it to return a complex type (user cannot directly acces tables on database but always through procedures).

So clicking on "get column information" gives me a new window where procedure parameters are correctly detected (name, datatype, and direction). It doesn't matter whether I try to get columns using a null parameter or filling it up; after clicking "Execute" and waiting for the query to complete, both windows are closed unexpectly and no function import nor complex types are generated.

¿Is it a known bug?

I'm using a licensed dotConnect 5.70 in VS2010-RC against a mysql server hosted at a DB2 Machine

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Thu 13 May 2010 13:12

Thank you for the report, I have reproduced the situation.
I will let you know about the results of our investigation.
As a temporary workaround you can manually create ComplexType with the property set corresponding to the resultset, and assign this complex type to Function Import. It works for me.

AndreyR
Devart Team

Post by AndreyR » Wed 09 Jun 2010 14:32

You can download the latest dotconnect for MySQL 5.80.140, the problem is fixed in it.