Upgrade trial to professional license issue in Visual Studio

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
modoperator

Upgrade trial to professional license issue in Visual Studio

Post by modoperator » Wed 28 Oct 2009 21:15

I have uninstalled the Trial version, and then Installed the Pro version, but during the uninstall a message popped up saying something about not being able to interact with Visual Studio.

Now, after the Pro installation, in VS2005 or 2008, when I go to check the license (Tools>MySQL>License Information), I see an error message:
Incompatible dotConnect for MySQL assemblies are loaded :Devart.Data.MySql: Standard, Devart.Data.MySql.Design: Standard, Devart.Data.MySql.Vs: Trial

So there seems to still be a trial version of Devart.Data.MySql.Vs being referenced by Visual Studio. How do I modify this so it is correct and referencing the Standard version?

It seems like everything is working for now, I am concerned though that the trial version might time out and things might get weird.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 29 Oct 2009 08:54

It seems that the \Program Files\Devart\dotConnect\MySQL\Devart.Data.MySql.Vs.dll assembly from the Trial version was not replaced during the installation of your current version. We recommend you to uninstall dotConnect for MySQL, remove all files from the \Program Files\Devart\dotConnect\MySQL\ folder, and install dotConnect for MySQL again. If there are any problems during installation, please send us the content of the \Program Files\Devart\dotConnect\MySQL\Install.log file.