Error with open command

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
adans

Error with open command

Post by adans » Tue 13 Oct 2009 21:20

Hi, i download "dotConnect for MySQL 5.40 Mobile Trial" but when i run a program in visual basic with MySqlConnection1.Open() i have this error:

MysqlException Was unhandled
Can't connect to MySQL server on 'pcs' (10061)

all data it's right, if i do Connect in design time, work fine and the status change to open

but in run time doesnt work.

some vary help me please.

sorry for my english.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 14 Oct 2009 11:57

Please try setting the IP address of your machine with the MySQL database in the connection string.

Please note, some synchronization tool (e.g., Microsoft ActiveSync) should be used even if you work with some emulator (e.g., USA Windows mobile 5.0 Pocket PC R2 Emulator). Before deployment make cradle to the emulator you want to use via Device Emulator Manager (the Tools menu in Visual Studio). After cradle the ActiveSync icon in the tray should become green (indication that synchronization is successful).

If the problem persists, please tell us the version of your dotConnect for MySQL Mobile. You can see the version in the Tools | MySQL Mobile | About menu of Visual Studio. Also please post here your connection string.