Can't get it working! using latest trial version with beta 2.0 in visual studio 8.0.50215.44 (beta2)

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
redtap

Can't get it working! using latest trial version with beta 2.0 in visual studio 8.0.50215.44 (beta2)

Post by redtap » Thu 07 Jul 2005 23:09

I am in design view :), ive added references, it does have the mysqldirect tab in the toolbox and the icons but all items are grayed out. i have installed all sdk and dist framework for 2.0, my version of visual studio is

i have downloaded the latest trial version (2.80.7) which works with beta 2.0 apparently

PLEASE HELP AS I WOULD LOVE TO USE THIS PRODUCT, AND WILL BUY IT IF IT WORKS!

Serious

Post by Serious » Sun 10 Jul 2005 14:48

There are different versions of our provider for .NET Framework 1.x and for .NET Framework 2.0.
Make sure that you use MySQLDirect .NET for .NET Framework 2 (file name is 'mysqlnet2.msi').

If you have installed MySQLDirect for .NET Framework 2.0 check if you can use our provider without design-time (for example, create simple console application and connect to server).

Note that design components are available only in design-time (in WinForms editor).

Stevod

Visual Web Developer

Post by Stevod » Wed 26 Oct 2005 14:15

You mention the use of mySQL Direct .NET in Winforms. Can these components be used in ASP.NET, as I'm seeing greyed-out components in the toolbox (design view) of VWD Beta 2, as described in an earlier post.

Many thanks
Stevod

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 26 Oct 2005 14:33

In Visual Studio2005 there is another designer for non-visual components. Use 'View Component designer' command in .aspx file context menu in 'Solution Explorer 'window.