How to debug MySqlDatasource, Documentation in gerneral

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
HerrBert

How to debug MySqlDatasource, Documentation in gerneral

Post by HerrBert » Tue 28 Jul 2009 16:47

Hi,

i am using MySqlDatasource and i want to find out what is the complete query sent to the Database filled with parameters, just like it is sent to the Database. If i hang into the Updating Event i just can find the CommandText but not the complete filled query. Where can i find it?

In general i must say the Dokumentation is just a joke. I think you should heavily work on this topic, as you see on lots of questions in this forum.

A fantastic example is the Page of Telerik, tons of Demos, Knowledgebase Articles, a great forum.

In this Forum you even need to select the "Forum" you want to seek everytime by yourself, obviously a customer has normaly one component and is working with this a while, so it would make sens to save the selected Forum of the last search...

Thank you.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 29 Jul 2009 11:07

1. Please use our DBMonitor tool to trace your application.
You can download it from http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/download.html.
For additional information, please refer to http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/docs/?Using.html, the Using DBMonitor section.

2. We are working on our documentation. Could you please specify the exact topics you think should have a better description?

3. Thank you for your suggestion as for the usability of the Search section of our forum.

HerrBert

Post by HerrBert » Thu 30 Jul 2009 11:13

Both links doesn't work..

HerrBert

Post by HerrBert » Thu 30 Jul 2009 11:31

Now i installed DbMonitor and i added the username to machine.config in the v2xx directory as in v3 and v3.5 there are no config directories. As i want to use it on my development machine there is no separate iis installation, so i can't perform the last step in the iis admin in visual studio i did not find an according entry.

what do i have to do?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 31 Jul 2009 11:48

Please try adding the following entry to the web.config file of your ASP.NET application instead of editing machine.config:

Code: Select all

The userName attribute value is your Windows account name, and password is your account password.
Then create in code an instance of the Devart.Data.MySql.MySqlMonitor class and set its IsActive property to true.