VWD

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
terryh0416

VWD

Post by terryh0416 » Wed 29 Jun 2005 14:05

I am trying to use MySqlDirect.net with Visual Web Developer 2005. Everything installed fine, but I had to manually go through the provided instructions to add the appropriate commands to the toolbar.

After doing that, all available MySqlDirect.net toolbox items are greyed out. I searched this forum for similar problems, and the ones I found suggested that the person wasn't in design view, but this isn't the case with me. It also suggested that I could code these manually, but that's not something I want to do right now considering I'm new to all this.

My understanding is that the data providers that work with vs.net 2005 should also work with VWD. Could you provide me some direction?

Thanks,
Terry

Serious

Post by Serious » Thu 30 Jun 2005 11:51

Make sure that you use MySQLDirect .NET for .NET Framework 2 (mysqlnet280pro2.msi).

GUYS_

Visual Web Developer

Post by GUYS_ » Wed 22 Mar 2006 15:47

I'm trying to use the corelab MySql components in Visual Web Developer. But the components won't show in the Toolbox, even after following the manual procedure in the ReadMe.txt file.

Can you help me?

Thanks

Serious

Post by Serious » Wed 22 Mar 2006 15:59

Make sure you use "Component Designer" view, not "Designer" view. Switch between views using context menu of .aspx file in the "Solution Explorer".

GUYS_

Visual web dev

Post by GUYS_ » Wed 22 Mar 2006 22:52

I'm unable to find the "component designer" view. Sorry, but i'm kind of new to .net stuff.
When I select the option "Show All" (right mouse click on toolbar) then I see the components, but they are all greyed ....

Any help?

Thanks

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 23 Mar 2006 07:49

Right-click on the "*.aspx" file in Solution Explorer and choose "View Designer Component" menu item. (To see "Solution Explorer" press Ctrl+W,S)

Regards

GUYS_

Visual Web Dev 2005 Express Edition

Post by GUYS_ » Thu 23 Mar 2006 08:12

Hi,

Thanks for the response. But, are you shure it works with the Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition? I know it sounds stupid, but when I do a right click on the my aspx file in the solution explorer the only options I get are:

Open
Open With
------------
View Code
View Designer
View Markup
--------------
View in Browser
Browse with
Set as start page
Build Page
----------------
Exclude from project
----------------
Cut
Copy
Delete
Rename

I can see the corelab components, but they are greyed....

Post by Guest » Thu 23 Mar 2006 09:28

Some other reports of the problem that are equal to mine:
http://crlab.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p ... d3e97b989b

Maybe I can only use the components in runtime? What about the license then? At the moment I'm trying to use the trial version.

I ' ve read several postings that the license comes in my project while dropping a component on my form?

Thanks

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Thu 23 Mar 2006 10:41

Yes, you can only use the components in runtime.
For licensing you will need App_Licenses.dll. For more information about this read Licensing topic in MySQLDirect .NET documentation.
In release version 3.50 the licensing scheme won't need App_Licenses.dll, if MySQLDirect .NET is installed. If MySQLDirect .NET is not installed, you will need App_Licenses.dll.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun 30 Apr 2006 14:51

In my computer all the MySql toolbar items are greyed..
So, did I get this right: with Visual Web Developer 2005 it is not possible to drag and drop components (for example MySqlConnection) from toolbar to project?

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Wed 03 May 2006 10:07

Yes, you get this right.

davidkennedy

Did you guys figure out why the MySQL components are GREYED OUT?

Post by davidkennedy » Thu 20 Jul 2006 17:51

I've read through your list of reasons why the components in the toolbox are greyed out and tried everything. Did anybody conclude how to make these tools available?
Thanks

Alexey

Post by Alexey » Fri 21 Jul 2006 08:47

Make sure you're in Component Designer view. Do not confuse with Designer view. To switch between views use context menu of .aspx file in Solution Explorer.