no download link after purchase?

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
thinkzig

no download link after purchase?

Post by thinkzig » Mon 25 May 2009 21:03

I ordered a dotConnect for MySQL Professional license 90 minutes ago and still have not received any information on how to download and install the licensed software.

I've been using the 30 day trial and it expired today, so now I'm dead in the water until I can install the licensed bits. I'm assuming by now that this is not an automated process and someone on your end has to manually send me an email after confirming my credit card purchase with share-it.

I'm very happy with the demo. You all are doing a great job with dotConnect and I was happy to purchase a full license, but it's unacceptable that I cannot download and use the software I just spent almost $200 on immediately after purchasing it.

Please consider changing your process to automatically email buyers their redemption information after a purchase is made. I don't know if the reason for the delay is to prevent piracy or something else, but whatever it is it is not very customer friendly.

Devart
Site Admin

Post by Devart » Tue 26 May 2009 10:36

Hello thinkzig,

Thank you for your order.
We received your payment and sent you registration email.
Now we process orders within one business day.

Regards,
Devart support

thinkzig

Post by thinkzig » Tue 26 May 2009 11:43

Hello.

I do appreciate you getting back with me, but is there a reason why I couldn't have been sent an automatic email with the same information?

It ended up being about 15 hours from the time I purchased the software until the time I could actually use it and the delay effectively killed a day I had set aside to work on projects.

Again, I'm a big fan of dotConnect and think you are filling an important need in the .NET/mySQL space, but in 2009 to not be able to immediately download a piece of software purchased from a software company - especially a development software company - is puzzling at best and frustrating at worst.

I hope this is something you will strongly consider changing. Thanks for hearing me out, and I wish you continued success with a great product.

Devart
Site Admin

Post by Devart » Thu 28 May 2009 12:29

Hello thinkzig,

Thank you for your opinion.
Now we have to check orders and it takes some time. So, as a rule, orders are processed within 24 hours.

Regards,
Devart Support