Error: Invalid operation. The connection is closed.

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
RobertHSZ

Error: Invalid operation. The connection is closed.

Post by RobertHSZ » Sun 22 Mar 2009 20:10

Hello Volks

I would like to run DNN with MySQL, but I've got an Error. :roll:

1. MySQL-Server is running on a Linux-Machine. I've tested the connection from my Windows-Machine to the MySQL-Server and it works fine.
2. I've installed MyDirect .NET 4.85 Trial
3. I've installed DNN 4.07.00
4. created a new DNN WebSite Project on WebDeveloper 2008
5. I replaced the DNN project-folder with the DotNetNuke Data Provider for MySQL
6. replaced CoreLabMySQL-DNN-4.7.0.0.config to Web.config
7. Modyfied the Web.config as followed:

[...]

[...]

[...]

after this I've started the application and got this Error
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Server Error in '/DotNetNuke Website1' Application.
Invalid operation. The connection is closed.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Invalid operation. The connection is closed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Invalid operation. The connection is closed.]
CoreLab.Common.DbConnectionClosed.BeginTransaction(IsolationLevel il) +82
CoreLab.Common.DbConnectionBase.BeginDbTransaction(IsolationLevel isolationLevel) +47
CoreLab.MySql.DNN.DataProvider.MySqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSetInternal(MySqlConnection connection, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter) +167
CoreLab.MySql.DNN.DataProvider.MySqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet(String connectionString, String spName, Boolean includeReturnValueParameter) +178
CoreLab.MySql.DNN.DataProvider.MySqlHelperParameterCache.GetSpParameterSet(String connectionString, String spName) +39
CoreLab.MySql.DNN.DataProvider.MySqlHelper.ExecuteReader(String connectionString, String spName, Object[] parameterValues) +87
DotNetNuke.Data.CoreLabMySqlDataProvider.GetPortalAliasByPortalID(Int32 PortalID) +149
DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalAliasController.GetPortalAliasByPortalID(Int32 PortalID) +94
DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalAliasController.GetPortalAliases() +41
DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings.GetPortalAliasLookup() +136
DotNetNuke.Entities.Portals.PortalSettings.GetPortalAliasInfo(String PortalAlias) +51
DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewriteModule.RewriteUrl(HttpApplication app) +4003
DotNetNuke.HttpModules.UrlRewriteModule.OnBeginRequest(Object s, EventArgs e) +1185
System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +68
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +75

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have I something forgot? Have somebody an Idea what it could be?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 23 Mar 2009 12:06

Could you please send me (alexsh at devart*com) a minimal DNN-based project without DNN itself where the problem occurs? We will try to reproduce the error.

impeto

Post by impeto » Fri 30 Apr 2010 17:27

the same happens with me. Help!

StanislavK
Devart Team

Post by StanislavK » Thu 06 May 2010 12:27

Please send us a small test project where the problem occurs so that we are able to reproduce and investigate the issue.