Problems with trial of dotconnect Mobile for Mysql

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
lulu

Problems with trial of dotconnect Mobile for Mysql

Post by lulu » Tue 24 Feb 2009 18:58

Hi, i´m from México, so i´m going to explain the problem as well as i can.
I have de trial version of dotconnect Mobile for Mysql, and a run the example in my pocket (plug it to my pc) and it works, but i want to run the example in my pocket without plug it to my pc, so, i rebuild the solution (Visual Studio 2005) whit the "Pocket PC 2003" and i copied the .exe file to my pocket and when i run the application show this:

No se encontró el nombre de archivo o ensamblado 'Devart.Data.Mysql, Version=5.0.22.1, Culture=neutral,publicKeyToken=09AF7300EEC23701' o una de sus dependencias.

I just copy the StoreProc.exe to my pocket. I need to copy anything else??
The pocket has wifi , Windows Mobile and it works, is there something i need to install in the pocket also??

Lulú

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Wed 25 Feb 2009 14:59

To deploy applications written with dotConnect Mobile for MySQL you should register run-time assemblies Devart.Data.MySql.dll and Devart.Data.dll at Global Assembly Cache (GAC) for appropriate framework or place them in the folder of your application. You can find these assemblies in the installation folder of dotConnect Mobile for MySQL (by default: ..\Program Files\Devart\dotConnect Mobile\MySQL\..). For more information, please refer to our online documentation: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... yment.html .

Please notify us if you have resolved the problem.

lulu

Post by lulu » Wed 25 Feb 2009 21:09

Shalex wrote:To deploy applications written with dotConnect Mobile for MySQL you should register run-time assemblies Devart.Data.MySql.dll and Devart.Data.dll at Global Assembly Cache (GAC) for appropriate framework or place them in the folder of your application. You can find these assemblies in the installation folder of dotConnect Mobile for MySQL (by default: ..\Program Files\Devart\dotConnect Mobile\MySQL\..). For more information, please refer to our online documentation: http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/ ... yment.html .

Please notify us if you have resolved the problem.
Hi, the application it doesn't work, or somethinfg is wrong .....I want to run the sample project (VB) on my pocket pc , what do i have to do??

Lulú :?

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Thu 26 Feb 2009 09:28

You just need to build the sample project, copy this assembly (*.exe) to your pocket PC, register the Devart.Data.MySql.dll assembly for the appropriate .NET Compact Framework (2.0 or 3.5 - look to the installation folder) or to place the Devart.Data.MySql.dll assembly in the folder with the assembly of your program (*.exe).

1. Please specify the full text of the error message you are getting now.
2. Could you please provide us with the exact steps we should follow to reproduce the problem?

lulu

Post by lulu » Thu 26 Feb 2009 20:43

Hi, thanks for your help, but i did what you said and a got the same error.
So, i created a new project and i added Devart.Data.Mysql to my references, and also copied it to the folder (release) with the assembly program, built the proyect and copied cnxmysql.exe to my pocket , run cnxmysql.exe and a got the same error:

No se encontró el nombre de archivo o ensamblado 'Devart.Data.Mysql, Version=5.0.22.1, Culture=neutral,publicKeyToken=09AF7300EEC23701' o una de sus dependencias.

Now i just want to make the connection to my server but i can´t.

This is the code of my proyect to make the connection:

Imports System
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Drawing
Imports System.Windows.Forms
Imports Devart.Data.MySql

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Try

Dim cn As New MySqlConnection()
cn.ConnectionString = "Server=xx.x.x.x;Port=3306;Database=name;Uid=lulu;Pwd=myPassword;"
cn.Open()
MessageBox.Show("Conectado al servidor")
cn.Close()

Catch ex As Exception
MsgBox(ex.Message, MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "Error de conexion")
Application.Exit()
End Try

End Sub
End Class

Is like .dll not included in the proyect, but when i built the proyect doesn´t show an error.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 27 Feb 2009 13:08

We cannot reproduce the mentioned problem with the 5.0.22 version of dotConnect Mobile for Oracle.
1. Make sure that the *.exe (in your case - cnxmysql.exe) and Devart.Data.MySql.dll assemblies are placed in the same folder on your pocket PC.
2. Please check the version of Microsoft .NET CF installed on your pocket PC, the version of .NET CF you have build your project for (see the project properties), the version of Devart.Data.MySql.dll you are placing on your pocket PC (5.0.22.1 - for CF 2.0, 5.0.22.2 - for CF 3.5). They all must be for the same .NET CF.
3. Try registering the needed Devart.Data.MySql.dll assembly to the GAC (Global Assembly Cache) of your pocket PC. For more information, please refer to http://www.mobilepractices.com/2007/11/ ... -tool.html .

lulu

Post by lulu » Fri 27 Feb 2009 23:21

Thanks so muuuuchhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had not copied dll to the pocket, so, i placed Devart.Data.Mysql.dll with the exe file in the pocket and it works ...!!!!!!!!!!!
I believed with only exe file must be works, but i was wrong .......
that means if i build the project , assemblies are not in the exe ???

Lulú :)

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Mon 02 Mar 2009 07:21

Yes, you should deploy your projects with Devart.Data.MySql.dll because it is not included in your *.exe file. Welcome!