Asp.net provider model connection issue

Asp.net provider model connection issue

Postby KW » Mon 02 Feb 2009 18:51

I have been able to set this up successfully before but basically I can't get the asp.net provider working, it can't connect to the db...

I get the following error:

Code: Select all
Could not establish a connection to the database.
If you have not yet created the SQL Server database, exit the Web Site Administration tool, use the aspnet_regsql command-line utility to create and configure the database, and then return to this tool to set the provider.

I can connect fine from the computer in any other program with the same connection credentials. I've tried both mysql query browser and the dbforge and can query the db fine using the above credentials. I have had this running fine until I upgraded from CoreLab to Devart.

The providers show up correctly in the asp.net administration page under the provider tab. My connection string looks like this:

Code: Select all

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If there is a way to get a better error than the one provided please let me know. I have wasted time on trying to find a way to get a better error message but haven't found anything. The error message says it can't connect but doesn't let me know WHY.
KW

Postby Shalex » Wed 04 Feb 2009 14:07

ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool does not support other providers entirely. It is made to use it with Microsoft SQL Provider only.
But it doesn't mean that our provider doesn't work. Check its workability from your code. E.g. try to create a user in our MySQL scheme. If there are any runtime errors, please notify us about them.
Shalex
Devart Team

Postby KW » Wed 04 Feb 2009 18:53

Shalex wrote:ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool does not support other providers entirely. It is made to use it with Microsoft SQL Provider only.
But it doesn't mean that our provider doesn't work. Check its workability from your code. E.g. try to create a user in our MySQL scheme. If there are any runtime errors, please notify us about them.

I see what you're saying. Yes, the provider works but it still throws the exception that it can't connect.
KW

Postby Shalex » Thu 05 Feb 2009 11:03

This is a ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool issue. It detects any provider that contains "SQL" in its name as Microsoft SQL Provider. That's why dotConnect for MySQL is not fully supported by this tool.
Shalex
Devart Team

Postby KW » Wed 11 Feb 2009 20:02

Shalex wrote:This is a ASP.NET Web Site Administration Tool issue. It detects any provider that contains "SQL" in its name as Microsoft SQL Provider. That's why dotConnect for MySQL is not fully supported by this tool.

That is unfortunate that microsoft has done this.
KW

Return to dotConnect for MySQL