Cannot start program

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
tommwillis

Cannot start program

Post by tommwillis » Fri 09 Jan 2009 11:38

Hey guys,
I have installed dotconnect for mysql and dbfusion. I have added a simple datasource and gridview.

When i go to run the project a messeage box comes up saying cannot start program.

I think it something to do with the web config.

Any ideas???

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 09 Jan 2009 13:57

Our installation package registers dotConnect for MySQL in the , , , and sections of your computer's machine.config file and registers Devart run-time assemblies at Global Assembly Cache (GAC) for appropriate framework.

When you drag and drop the MySQLDataSource component from Toolbox, our assemblies are referenced in the web.config file of your web application automatically.

Please refer to our documentation ( http://www.devart.com/dotconnect/mysql/docs/ ) and samples ( Start menu | All Programs | Devart dotConnect for MySQL | Samples | Web ).

Could you please specify the exact error message and the steps we should follow to reproduce the issue?

tommwillis

Steps to see issue

Post by tommwillis » Fri 09 Jan 2009 14:05

This error is coming up even if i dont drag on a sql datasource, even in the simplest of projects with just a button displaying on a form.

I Installed dotconnector
I then installed dbfusion
Both of these were synchronised with VS08
Now whenever i try to run any project within VS08 a message box pops up with cannot start program "localhost/.../index.aspx".

As i said it is happening when playing all projects, even ones that do not have any db connection.

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 09 Jan 2009 15:20

We think this problem is not caused by our provider. Please try to uninstall our product and check Visual Studio workability.

tommwillis

Post by tommwillis » Fri 09 Jan 2009 15:22

I tried that already.

VS08 works fine once i uninstall dotconect etc

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 09 Jan 2009 16:18

Could you please enable Common Language Runtime Exceptions (Debug menu | Exceptions) in your Visual Studio with dotConnect for MySQL installed on your computer and run some project?

Please provide us with the exact text of the error and exceptions you get.

tommwillis

Post by tommwillis » Fri 09 Jan 2009 17:33

I reinstalled and had the same porblem.

I then turned off my computer and turned it back on and it worked like a charm with no issues on all projects with and without myswldatasources involved.

Thanks for your help!