Order Problems - Please Help

Discussion of open issues, suggestions and bugs regarding ADO.NET provider for MySQL
krmbluek

Order Problems - Please Help

Post by krmbluek » Tue 06 Jan 2009 09:11

I placed an order for dotConnect for MySQL Developer team license on 12-30-2008. I have emailed [email protected] twice and I have emailed [email protected] once. I have not heard back from anyone yet. I still have not received any information on my order and my credit card has been charged. I did use shareit for the purchase, could this be the problem? I have seen other posts of people having problems with this in the past. Can someone please help. I have a project that is at a standstill now since my trial has expired and it has been that way since mid last week.

Devart
Site Admin

Please provide another e-mail address

Post by Devart » Tue 06 Jan 2009 12:20

We have send you download information already. Please send an alternative e-mail so that we could forward it to you once more.

krmbluek

Post by krmbluek » Tue 06 Jan 2009 17:13

That is strange, I have made sure that you are now whitelisted from devart.com.

So you can send it to my original email and here is an alternate as well
krmbluek at gmail.com

Please send this to me today. If this cannot be done can I at least get an extension on my trial?

Thanks,

krmbluek

Post by krmbluek » Wed 07 Jan 2009 17:42

Well I have to say my experience so far with Devart has been disappointing at best. I am very impressed with the product but the support department seems to be nonexistent.

I have received my email server logs and aside from the first email that was automatically sent, I have received no response from support or sales to my multiple emails. No updates, no second attempts to deliver the product that I paid for 7 days ago. I am very disappointed that I must handle this on my own with no real assistance. I am now going to order the product again this time I will use a different email address and a different payment method.

I guess I have learn the value of the extended support contract with this issue.

If this was not a continual problem I would probably just wait however this doesn't seem to be an isolated issue.

http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic. ... 6fb879b8f9

http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic. ... fe52ef60c0
http://www.devart.com/forums/viewtopic. ... d481ce132f
https://forums.codegear.com/thread.jspa?threadID=8440

My next step is to ask Shareit for a refund, hopefully this process is painless so I don't have to dispute the charges on my credit card.

krmbluek

Post by krmbluek » Wed 07 Jan 2009 22:52

Well I canceled my original order and reordered using paypal and my gmail account this time. Unfortunately the license didn't come automatically. So I guess I am still at the mercy of support. Hopefully someday I get a license for this software. I guess I will just wait and hope.

Devart
Site Admin

E-mail forwarded

Post by Devart » Thu 08 Jan 2009 11:21

Sorry for such inconvenience. We had a day off yesterday, but today fe have forwarded e-mail with the download information to your gmail address. Please check your e-mail and notify us if you have received it. And please check if you have received original e-mail.
Usually we send download information within one business day after the purchase.

krmbluek

Post by krmbluek » Thu 08 Jan 2009 17:02

I did received both of the emails. Now that I have purchased the license twice can you tell me which one will be canceled? Are you handling this? I now have not received a reply from shareit. I will wait a few more days for one of the payments to be canceled. Then I will try to just work it out with my credit card.

Thanks for getting this to me.

krmbluek

Post by krmbluek » Thu 08 Jan 2009 17:06

This is truly unbelievable. Now that I have the login information when I go to download the file I get this:

Download dotConnect for MySQL Professional
Version 5.00.12 (13-Nov-2008)
dotConnect for MySQL

File not found.
Latest version

Welcome dcmysql5pro
Error
Sorry, an error has occured in application.
Requested file is temporary unavailable, please try again later

The file is not found for download??? So now I wait again...

Shalex
Site Admin

Post by Shalex » Fri 09 Jan 2009 07:47

The problem is fixed. Please try again to download dotConnect for MySQL Professional using the login information you have received.